CNC'd aluminum accesory brackets

Pablo94SC

I'm toying with the idea of having some aluminum accessory brackets made up that are similar to the ones that companies like March sells. The way I see it, it'll save some weight, clean up the engine bay, and maybe even make working on the car a bit easier. This is just a feeler... so if you think you might be interested, post a reply.

PS: I have NO IDEA what these would cost to have made for our cars. LOL I'll find that out after I call/email around.

PPS: If you know of a place that makes these, let me know. :)

Last edited:
You know our brackets are aluminum right? So I don't see any real weight savings. However, something cnc'd as opposed to cast would certainly look cooler. Especially if polished. If you persue this, I would consider milling a vertical mount for the DIS module so it's not so "in your face."

Micah

With the current March setups for fords there is a nice weight savings..(not substantial however)..But they take up alot less room and look a heck of alot cleaner

You know our brackets are aluminum right? So I don't see any real weight savings. However, something cnc'd as opposed to cast would certainly look cooler. Especially if polished. If you persue this, I would consider milling a vertical mount for the DIS module so it's not so "in your face."

Micah

That's what I meant, the CNC'd type. The current brackets are, IMHO, ugly.

I didn't even think about the DIS mount for the early models (and I own one now :rolleyes: ). Thanks for reminding me.

Very cool idea but I can see it being expensive considering we have 3 belts and two extra pulleys over n/a cars. I would be in if its not too expensive. It would look better and make it a hell of a lot easier to get at the bolts that hold the brackets on now. There's one on the driver's side that pisses me off to no end! :mad:

I see the whole jackshaft area being pricey to do..however a rebuildable jackshaft area for the typical SC owner would be sweet

I see the whole jackshaft area being pricey to do..however a rebuildable jackshaft area for the typical SC owner would be sweet

Hi Guys,

Just cruising around and saw this. Pablo That's not a bad idea. I have thought about it also. Let me know if your planning it I might be able to help you make it. Damon, I voted for the You the Bitch. Then on the other one I voted for the yellow stang. Hi had a nice F body. I think you won one of the two. The Jackshaft is something I was working on before my heart episode. It is not a small bearing but It can be gotten pretty cheap the building a new lighter one is a thought!!! . I have been thinking about a CNC and may be able to get one. I saw one at the PRI show in Orlando. Still having rear wheel hop? Hmmm... I think there a good way to cure that. I know somebody has been looking for one. I can't think of his name but I am working on carrying the hardware to cure that hop. They are closed until after Christmas. Some one is going to order one set if they do I might getting a few of them so Ask Santa for it may just arrive late!!! Oh Back to the Jackshaft rebuilt. If there were enough guys planning to keep the SC's It would be a good way to go rebuilding the Jackshaft bearing also. I can get them. The whole assembly the bearing is alot bigger than I thought. What do you think? You think It's worth getting them. Do you know if they have to be pressed into the Accessory bracket? I am not sure. Do you know? Have you ever worked with a C N C ?? It looks intimidating to me. I have a good chance of getting one. It could do a lot of things for all types of cars. Pulleys would be a Breeze to do. It is a floor model and the price is $6700 with warranty what do you think? Would you know how to program certain Jobs? How hard? I also have some other plans but your a hard man to talk to. Only by email. If you want to give me a hand It would help me decide. I would sell a coupe of real low mileage to buy it. I think you have to also get the programs and some extra accessories. Well everyone Have a Good Holiday Cheer. Are you in the states? Or are you away in Iraq? I heard you were in Iraq. Why don't you call me or eMail me your number I need your help. Thanks !!!
I am going over to Motortopia. See you there maybe.

It would look better and make it a hell of a lot easier to get at the bolts that hold the brackets on now. There's one on the driver's side that pisses me off to no end! :mad:

Agreed, maybe an access to the bolt behind the powersteering pump bracket.

Now that I'm back in town from vacation, I'll be looking over my stock brackets, taking some pictures, and sketching some ideas out. Hopefully that'll help me see what would be the best approach to take.

maybe make drivers side bracket in 2 pieces, so you only hafta take top alternator part off when doin HG's o0o0o

Back