shuttering symptom?

NightMare3.8

hey everyone i just noticed today that when i put my car in reverse it starts to make a shuttering type deal...like the car shakes but the idle seems to be fine..no misses or anything that i could hear or see on the tac....anyone know what it is??

sounds like it could be torque convertor shudder, i have some shudder in my 94sc in the foward shifts under low rpm's.

sounds like it could be torque convertor shudder, i have some shudder in my 94sc in the foward shifts under low rpm's.

The convertor spins the same way whether you're in D or R. If you don't get the same shutter in D it probably isn't a TC.

It's probably not trans related since the engine RPM will dive if the trans gets to a binding/dragging condition, but who knows, so here is my trans diagnostic

The only band in reverse that should engage is the rev band and rev clutch. There is no good way to test the rev clutch packs, but you can test the rev band. Put the car in Man position 1 and do a light throttle (5%) accell. If you feel the same shutter, then it is the rev band.

I would look towards motor or trans mounts.

Back