problems

Flex

Hey dudes,

Some issue with my 91. There is no blower or ac fan working. I looked at the fuses blower etc. and nothing yet.

As I was messing with it yesterday, I discovered the horn and memory fuses were missing. I installed the 25 for the horn and now have a horn. When I installed the 5 for the memory, it instantly blew. Any ideas? A short somewhere or is it the ECM itself?

Other peculiarities are the rear window defrost only does 2 lines at the top, two about 6 inched down and one at the bottom. If there were a break, then none of them should work. In the key on engine not running position, there is a very loud "tone" coming from under the dash. Any ideas? Thanks.

Hey dudes,

Some issue with my 91. There is no blower or ac fan working. I looked at the fuses blower etc. and nothing yet.

As I was messing with it yesterday, I discovered the horn and memory fuses were missing. I installed the 25 for the horn and now have a horn. When I installed the 5 for the memory, it instantly blew. Any ideas? A short somewhere or is it the ECM itself?

what do u mean by "theres no blower or a/c fan working" ??

try swappin the 5 amp memory fuse with a 10 amp. if that blows, u have a short to ground somewhere. a good place to look is the back of the radio/cass. player

Thunder,

Thanks for the reply.

What I mean is there is absolutely no air movement from the fan when it is turned to heat or AC. Blower motor appears to be new.

I will look at the stereo as the previous owner put in a Pioneer cd player.

ok heres a test : pull the temp sensor plug and see if the rad fan comes on. its the little plug on the left side of the supercharger. i'll show u a pic if need be. if the fan comes on when uplugged, u know ur fan motor is at least good, but that sensor is bad.

nevermind this, i thought he was talkin about the rad. fan.

Last edited:
Good call on the stereo. Dumb ~~~ installed a Pioneer and just cut the wiring apart. Left wires exposed everywhere.

Forgot to mention that the lack of heater/ blower was the off button on the unit. Have to gently push it up to cure the problem. I will replace it later.

very loud sound coming from under the dash, only thing I could think of without hearing it would be a relay if its from the driver side. I know there are a few different relays underneath the dash. I would start by taking the kick panel off and the sheet metal piece behind it.

Last edited:
It actually comes form the passenger side. I had the glove box door off while messing with the heater thinking it was the actually blower motor. The tone was louder. I think it comes from the door chime.

I am wondering if it has anything to do with all the cut wires from the stereo install.

ummm...theres a blower motor resistor for the lower speed settings on the HVAC controls. that should be behind or to the (left)side of the glove box. hope that helps.

Back