Thinking about an A/R

frdlvr30

Yeah i know, ive spent way too much as it is...But i figure ive gone this far, i might as well keep going. Any suggestions on why i shouldnt? Other than about 3500.00? I have feeling im gonna be disappointed in the s-port with the major mods im gonna be running. Hell, the cam im running is larger than my buddies 393/351w stroker nitrous motor. Not to mention i keep reading about the inefficiency and heat soak problems with the m-90.

heh, everyone on this site knows an a/r blower is the best way to go if your going that far and it sounds like you are. i think when you really start over driving the m-90 that's where the problems start but for now you could get the s-port ported by magnum powers, i think it's around $350.

It already has been...I got it off a guy on here about 6weeks ago...im just not sure what to expect. I think im gonna be taxing it pretty easily with cam, ported heads, and larger valves... The thing is i cant run this car at all without tuning it first. Id hate to spend all that tuning it and be disappointed. Then have to turn around, buy the A/R, and have to tune it again...sooo i dunno...

I'd definitely get the A/R before your tune if there's even a chance you'll end up getting one. Those A/R's must move some serious air because guys are running 60 lb injectors with them.

Yeah i might...Im gonna make decision on this blower soon. Im gonna talk to Dave D about it after the holiday. He knows exactly what im running and what i should expect. He told me my biggest problem would be the non-locking converter in approaching 400rwhp. Apparently the Aod is big robber of HP and the converter makes it even worse...If i can make that kind of power without an A/R that would be ideal...If not ill be purchasing one. My goal is to have 500rwhp with a 100 shot N2O...Hopefully that will get the tires spinning...not sure though...

60lbs

Yeah, thats what injectors i have bought. Dave told me not to mess around and get those so i know im covered as far as fuel goes. He said he didnt trust the 50's with my set up...

Yeah i might...Im gonna make decision on this blower soon. Im gonna talk to Dave D about it after the holiday. He knows exactly what im running and what i should expect. He told me my biggest problem would be the non-locking converter in approaching 400rwhp. Apparently the Aod is big robber of HP and the converter makes it even worse...If i can make that kind of power without an A/R that would be ideal...If not ill be purchasing one. My goal is to have 500rwhp with a 100 shot N2O...Hopefully that will get the tires spinning...not sure though...

Traction "might" be a "slight" problem.........

When I was a kid I had a 1970 small block Nova with a stick & 3.27 gears. I raced a few 20 mph kickdowns, but never 50 mph!

Easy hp

On my cobra i had 315/30zr17 tires on 10x17 wheels with spacers. That thing would brake loose anywhere at any time. You really had to be careful when flooring it. I was racing a ls1 camaro on miltary highway one afternoon and from a roll at about 45mph side by side i floored it in second gear and the rear end of the car stepped out quickly and i almost hit the side of the camaro!!! Needless to say...he was no match...That was one bad ride.. I had less than 2500.00 in aftermarket parts and it made 607 rwhp. By far the easiest vehicle to make some serious hrspower...I also blew the right rear axle out twice. That car had no traction...but when it did hook it usually broke....

Last edited:
Back