Anyone here modify the stock MAF???

Black93sc

Did anyone follow the "modification" procedures on the MN12 how to section for the stock 70 MM MAF? How did it work out?

Why does the stock 70mm unit only flow 555 CFM?

I with Damon I did mine and all I did was waste my time with no real gains in anything but my foul laguage

I did it my SC loved it and when i went to 42 lbs I just added a adjustable door to the back side and adjusted it till it ran good . my SC has no stall runs great idles great transition is great .

the negative on this subject is just for those who dont want to tune their car the only thing after market on my SC is injectors 42 lbs and a 70mm TB bbk ever-thing else is stock parts modified at home by hand.
I'm no machinist my welding sucks .

I just like to do things my self every after market part can be made at home

if your stubborn enough if you dont understand how the SC works by all means buy after market to do the mods right you must know how to tune
I take readings and exh temps and then road test and i keep my a/f on the rich side for safety

I wouldn't touch the stock mafs for the little gains you might get its not worth the damage you might cause. Hell when I got my 76mafs I didn't really notice any difference.

:eek: Shouldn't that be, "fowl language"? :eek: :D :rolleyes:

David fowl=the domestic or barnyard hen or rooster; chicken
Foul=grossly offensive to the senses; disgustingly loathsome
Or did you make an NC joke I did not get:D . I do not know about Cary but here in Salisbury every home purchase comes with a Fowl starter kit;) . One thing I am for sure on is after gutting my MAM housing was I went and found another one that was not gutted and changed it back after a few weeks.

Back