Where is the 'heater inlet' hose?

Kit Sullivan

Which hose is the 'heater inlet' hose? I'm trying to hook up one of those 'Prestone Flush & Fill' kits. They have a 'T'-fitting which splices into the heater core inlet hose and a garden hose attaches...it flushes the system out very well. I have installed one on every car I have with great success.
I can't quite decide if I'm looking at the right hose on my SC or not.

It appears to be the hose that runs from the firewall on the passenger side to the top of the engine, and it sits directly behind the 'DIS' module. Is that the right hose?

Thanks

I installed it right behind the 'DIS' module. Easy fit, only took about 5 minutes to install. With the black cap installed it is hardly noticeable, and it is easy to get to to do the flush.

Just finishing up installing a new radiator and radiator cap, new hoses and all three belts.

Then its off the the muffler shop on Tuesday to get the 2.5" cat-less down tubes installed, along with the 'Flowmaster' cat-back system.
I'm surprised at how cheap the whole deal was from 'Summit', especially considering how nice the stuff looks. The resonator has a 2.5 " inlet, and dual 2.5" oulets, a 2.5" mid pipe and 40-series mufflers.
I am surprised at how lame the stock Ford exhaust sounded...I hope this one sounds better.
With some of those exhaust restrictions gone, I'll feel a whole lot better about the whole deal.

Back