M112 SVT Cobra SC on a 3.8

RadBird

To All,

First,I would like to say Merry Christmas to everyone. :D

I have been an SC owner for 3 years, I found and bought my SC on this site. I have done a lot of work to it and I race it every weekend at a local 1/8 mile track. My best time to date is an 8.95 at 76 MPH.

My current project involves building a new engine and mounting a M112 supercharger to it for next season. The M112 manifiold is coming along and I made several pieces for it today. I am going to post pictures of the project as I go along for all that are interested. I am not going to get real detailed on the measurements. I am going to set this up so if I want to go to a Kenne Bell or Whipple SC later on it will be a matter of buying it and bolting it on.

Pictures are attached, I hope everyone enjoys this thread.
I couldn't get all the pics in this post so I will post again with the other ones.

Attachments

• M112 Upgrade 007.jpg
    M112 Upgrade 007.jpg
    180.6 KB · Views: 304
  • M112 Upgrade 008.jpg
    M112 Upgrade 008.jpg
    188.4 KB · Views: 240
its cool to see others trying this. I see your making it sit very high as this is what you have to do in order to have it clear the injecters, or have it sit very low which is how I am doing it. Are you planning on running the stock Cobra IC as well? Mine will not, but I plan on other ways around that issue.

Keep us posted, there are a few people trying this. I have been working on mine for about 3 years now, I have 3 prototypes made and I am working off them to make a real working prototype out of aluminunm as well. I posted pics in another thread. Only reason its taken me this long is time, and other commitments get in the way. I have made quite a bit of progress int he last two weeks though.

Intercooler

Hello V6 Sprout,

Yes, I am going to run an intercooler under the supercharger. This set up was not going to fit under my hood so I went ahead and raised the supercharger enough to get an intercooler under it. I need the intercooler because I am going to be pushing 18 to 19 pounds of boost. :D

I am looking at a 95 3.8 Windstar manifold on Ebay, I may buy it just to see how it would work with what I am doing. Cutting the Super Coupe manifold open is a vast improvement over the stock unit but it is still not the best you could have for a high performance set up.

Also, while I am posting again I will put the rest of the pictures up that I couldn't get in my first post.

Attachments

• M112 Upgrade 004.jpg
    M112 Upgrade 004.jpg
    201 KB · Views: 228
  • M112 Upgrade1 003.jpg
    M112 Upgrade1 003.jpg
    192 KB · Views: 207
  • M112 Upgrade 006.jpg
    M112 Upgrade 006.jpg
    193.6 KB · Views: 153
Hello V6 Sprout,

Yes, I am going to run an intercooler under the supercharger. This set up was not going to fit under my hood so I went ahead and raised the supercharger enough to get an intercooler under it. I need the intercooler because I am going to be pushing 18 to 19 pounds of boost. :D

I am looking at a 95 3.8 Windstar manifold on Ebay, I may buy it just to see how it would work with what I am doing. Cutting the Super Coupe manifold open is a vast improvement over the stock unit but it is still not the best you could have for a high performance set up.

Also, while I am posting again I will put the rest of the pictures up that I couldn't get in my first post.

95 Windstar lower should be the same as the Mustang lower from 94-98, which I have a few of, if you looking for one.

If you stay with the sock lower intake and you say height is not a consideration, I would raise the floor of the stock intake so it is even or higher than the ports so you get more of a straight air charge into the head. I am doing the M112 as well but am doing it a little diffrent. Keep posting progress as it is a great project

Ken

Back