Car Idles Rough then Shuts Off - 94 TBird SC

Bird of Prey 94

After driving the car, then parking it, and when I go back to start the car about 45 minutes later, it idles rough then the rpm meter goes up to about a thousand then drops to 400 then shuts off. I also smell fuel vapors in the cabin. What could be my problem?

After driving the car, then parking it, and when I go back to start the car about 45 minutes later, it idles rough then the rpm meter goes up to about a thousand then drops to 400 then shuts off. I also smell fuel vapors in the cabin. What could be my problem?

do the rpm's kick up immediately after starting ? i would think a vacuum leak would cause this. any CEL's ?

do the rpm's kick up immediately after starting ? i would think a vacuum leak would cause this. any CEL's ?

The RPM does not kickup after starting, the idle just drops. The car has already been running so the engine is at operating temperature. This happens after the car has been sitting for 45 minutes or so. I can get it started after a few attempts but I do not believe this should be happening. What is CEL's?

hows the boost and vacuum? is the vacuum lowering when the car is stumbling?

I did not observe that, but from what I can tell it does not seem like the vacuum is not lowering.

If you have a vacuum leak in your IC tubes you usually get the car reving up and down in RPM's and it runs like crap. Had the tubes off lately?

If you have a vacuum leak in your IC tubes you usually get the car reving up and down in RPM's and it runs like crap. Had the tubes off lately?

or if your car is like mine it will just idle and die. Hell I bought my 90 sc got it home and the thing wouldn't idle for anything I was furious thought I got screwed on the deal. The car had fresh HG's. I then noticed one of the bolts holding the IC tubes on was missing.

Back