quick supercharger question

TripleBlackSHO

What Generation superchargers does the SC have?
From what i have searched on here, the 94/95 M90 are a little different from the 89-92 M90's. Are they a Gen 3 M90 or an older Gen?
Does the Generation 3 M90 have a built in bypass valve??

Random Question: do they make a bigger pulley for a M90 so i could slow the blower down??

TIA
Justin

why would you want to slow the blower down the whole purpose of the blower is to create boost the slower in turns the less boost

why would you want to slow the blower down the whole purpose of the blower is to create boost the slower in turns the less boost

I do not want to overspin a M90 blower because they max out at 14,500 rpm and i do not want a lot of boost, only a little bit
The stock pulley will let the blower spin to fast on a setup i hope to accomplish in the furture.

Last edited:
Don't forget the jackshaft pulley setup on the supercoupe. It multiplies the blower speed. Depending on how big your crank pulley is, a stock pulley might be just fine if you are not running a jackshaft setup.

89-93 SC's are gen 1. 94/5 SC's gen 2. An S-model is a ported 94/5 M90 which is an upgrade only offered on the 94/5 blower by Magnuson Products which is the Company with the exclusive rights to service, repair, and sell Eaton M90 superchargers but that's no longer the case. There are other options out there now a days. As for the S-model, I'm not sure if it's considered a gen 3 or a ported gen 2. It looks like your planning on running an M90 blower on a SHO and there are different ways to underdrive the blower if thats you goal.

Back