PDA

View Full Version : need suspension advice

Wags
12-27-2006, 11:49 PM
have a shake the fells like it is coming from the front. at around 70 the car has a shake to her. doesn't really feel like it is in the steering wheel or the seat. more towards my feet. she really needs shocks ( they should be in friday) on the drivers side i can twist the sway bar link pretty easy. on the passenger side the tension strut can be twisted also. where the lowwer control arms bolt to the frame it looks like the bushings are put in sideways like the front tire is pushing the arm forward on both sides. just had an allignment and tires balanced. new u-joints. motor mounts are new and tranny mounts are good. any ideas please let me know

Scott Long
12-28-2006, 10:35 AM
I'd get some new control arm bushings both sides on the lower, also a set of strut rod bushings, new shocks (and maybe lowering springs while your at it). If the upper ball joint has any play replace the upper control arms as well. Then have it re-aligned. Also get the wheels balanced all 4.

See what it's like after this.

Wags
12-28-2006, 02:11 PM
thanks for the advice. ordered control arms and sway bar end link kit. i will see what happens.

seawalkersee
12-28-2006, 05:06 PM
Did this start AFTER the afforementioned work? Sounds to me like you have a slipped belt in one of the rear tires. I would rotate them and see if the steering wheel shakes. If it does, then you know.

Chris

Wags
12-28-2006, 07:30 PM
i will check the tires. they were on the car when i got her so i don't now how old they are. this summer they did road construction and i hit a few bumps pretty hard so that might be a problem also. thanks.