EL Gauge Overlays in a 93

I believe the difference is the middle of the gauge cluster - some had the fuel gauge on top and volts on the bottom - other clusters had the fuel on the bottom and volts on top. I haven't seen any with the fuel on top, but I guess they exist :D

If you want some gauges, you may look into some gauges from Scott over on TCCoA. They are a bit more expensive, but worth the money IMO.

-Melon

Well it is for my 93 SC. In my 5.0 I swapped in an SC cluster that was also a 91, so it worked fine but the boost gauge and oil pressure gauges were useless. I hooked up the tach though. The stock cluster was piss poor. Speedometer only went up to 85 and also only had temperature and fuel gauges.

Also, Scott doesn't have any EL gauges, just the custom white ones. They are alright but I'm not real fond of the way they look. Just the text or something steers me away.

Last edited:
Take a look at the speedo carefully. I believe the 89~92 speedometers start at 0 and the 93 & up start at 10 MPH. Also, look at the speed indicated right at the top of your cluster (12 o-clock position) and compare that to the pics on Ebay.

Take a look at the speedo carefully. I believe the 89~92 speedometers start at 0 and the 93 & up start at 10 MPH. Also, look at the speed indicated right at the top of your cluster (12 o-clock position) and compare that to the pics on Ebay.

Your right Paul, for some reason the changed it in 93.

Alright so I emailed Scott and here's what he said:

Well, technically there is a difference, but the difference is between the 89-90 models versus the 91-93 SC's. The 89-90 SC's and SCed XR7's have a different speedometer. They both have a maximum value of 120, but the spacing of the tick marks for the smaller MPH figures. The 89-90 spedo has 60 MPH at the 12 o'clock position and the 91-93 SC (and 91-96 LX) have 65 MPH at the 12 o'clock position. Also, the 89-90 speedometer has two screws that hold the face to the speedometer assembly.

Other that that, I believe that the rest of the clusters are the same.

Hope that answers your question.

Many Thanks
Scott

So, I'm thinking I probably used the overlays without even noticing a difference and I may as well just use them again.

Back