Brake light help (non-conventional brakes)

Randle

I was driving today & two people told me I don't have brake lights. I've switched the the non-Teves brake system and thats what I think is causing this. When I press the brake pedal I get ~1-1.5/2" of travel before the brake lights come on. So any sort of light braking and it looks like they're out. Is there any way to increase the sensitivity of the brake lights to make them come on earlier? I searched to see if other people where having this issue, but it doesn't appear they are.

Mine come on late, but allways come on. I have heard that the LX brake light switch has a softer spring in it to light up with less pedal pressure. I plan to swap mine with an LX switch, that should help you too. :)

Mine come on late, but allways come on. I have heard that the LX brake light switch has a softer spring in it to light up with less pedal pressure. I plan to swap mine with an LX switch, that should help you too. :)

I'm assuming thats the small switch beneath the brake pedal? I'll give this a try, see what happens. Thanks.

Its the switch that goes around the booster pushrod with the big pin through it where it connects to the brake pedal. The other yellow button looking switch is a vacuum release for the cruise control.
I dont know about part numbers, just what some other brake swap people have told me. I plan to try it someday.

Back