Cruise isn't working

Scott Long

This happened about a year or two ago, but I've been thinking I want to get it working agian.

I printed off a 30 page document at work (before I got laid off) and it says there is a main control module along with vac lines.

I know my car isn't leaking vac, it pulls almost 20 inches at idle. I just don't know if the switches are bad or maybe the control module is bad.

The car has 245k miles on it. I was heading home one day and the cruise was on, then all of a sudden the cruise stopped and the car started slowing down. It wouldn't work after that.

Anyone know where the module is located so I can try and swap it with one from my non running SC.

Mine stopped working after me tranny swap. The control module is in one of the front fenders. I cant remember which. There should be a line coming off your throttle like the AOD valve line, follow it and thats where it will be.

First thing I would check is the vaccum switch on the brake pedal. If it is not in the proper position, the cruise will not work at all.

I'll check that switch first.

There is nothing on my throttle body except the linkage cable and the TV cable to trans.

Vacuum switch is a main culprit on these. I have to adjust mine about once a year. Also does your horn work? Ive had mine go out at the same time on another one and found a bad ground in the steering column, ran another ground and both went to working again.

S

Back