Car's all messed up.

19TbirdSC91

Well, we got the ported early style blower and the 70mm throttle body put on last night, drove around some last night and everything was fine aside from belt slip, so today we went and bought a gatorback belt for it and there is no more slip, after that, the car was noticably faster obviously...but then randomly something has gone wrong, the car refuses to make boost, you can hit the gas decently hard from a stop and the boost gauge hits a brick wall at " 0 " and the car doesn't pull at all...and then once it gets up in the higher RPM's it will climb to about 5 psi at around 3k rpms, and after that it will slowly make more boost eventually hitting about 13 psi on the stock boost gauge...when we put the car back together we had a lot of trouble with the EGR, and we ended up finding the gasket for it under the car, so it is not on there, would it cause this much trouble? also, the car is having a lot of idle issues, it doesn't rough or anything, it idles too fast, we were thinking it was the IAC, but it doesn't do it all the time, everyonce in a while when you first start the car, it will idle at almost 2k, and then slowly drop to about 1,500, and then fall pretty quick to just over where it should be, AND THEN when you put it in park, it will do the same thing as when you first start it...would the idle issues be caused by a failing IAC??? what a pain in the......

You say you changed the Throttlebody? If thats the case, I am willing to bet you need to adjust the Throttle Position Sensor into the normal operating range. I went two weeks trying to trouble shoot the same problem swapping parts and buying new sensors, only to find out my TPS was at like 1.25 volts or something like that with key on engine off.

I set mine to .95 and have had no problems thus far.

Hope this helps you out a little bit man.

Mike

Last edited:
A missing EGR gasket could result in a loss of boost. What did you use to mate the TB to the plenum?

A missing EGR gasket could result in a loss of boost. What did you use to mate the TB to the plenum?

it was already assembled when we put it on, so i have no clue about the TB, and the car will make boost, but it takes a while for it to, but i'll tell you what...the car pulls so hard now...once it actually decides to make boost.

Kind of suspiciously sounds like a vacumn leak. >??<
Think I would check for vac/boost leaks, set/check the TPS, and go from there. That is, see if it still acts the same after doing those two things......
Good Luck with it......

well...the idle problem still continues, but the car makes boost just fine...a lot of boost...it pulls pretty damn hard now...i'm definetly happy with the new supercharger...now i just need to get a bigger MAF since im still running the stock one...also, i think im going to pull the one off of the old throttle body along with the IAC since i know they are both good, so that should take care of it, thanks for your help guys, i'll keep you updated on the progress

Here I'll put in my .02 cents.

Sean got the ported early style M90, ported plenum, and 70mm modded mustang TB off the same guy I got my liquid to air from. All the peices stayed together as a whole, the TPS and IAC sensors were never removed at any point from the time it was removed from one car to the other and to my knowledge the previous car ran without any issues. I know Sean did break in a few places the vac line that goes to the bypass valve but he used electrical tape as a temperary fix to put it back together. I told him that he will have to get a new line sometime soon to prevent any future leak in that line. The only other place I could see it having a vac leak would be the missing EGR gasket but I am not sure if the missing gasket would cause this problem. Its not the much trouble to pull it all apart again so thats probably the next thing we'll do.

Shane

that EGR was the biggest pain the ~~~ though, it sucked so bad...hard to line up the holes, the sad thing is that shane saw the gasket laying on the ground BEFORE we had it all put together, but failed to mention it until the car was smoking...sad shane...sad, i expect more out of you. lol

well...the idle problem still continues, but the car makes boost just fine...a lot of boost...it pulls pretty damn hard now...i'm definetly happy with the new supercharger...now i just need to get a bigger MAF since im still running the stock one...also, i think im going to pull the one off of the old throttle body along with the IAC since i know they are both good, so that should take care of it, thanks for your help guys, i'll keep you updated on the progress

So what did you do to make it run better? As far as the Idle go's, what was the voltage on the TPS?

So what did you do to make it run better? As far as the Idle go's, what was the voltage on the TPS?

we never did check the voltage on it because i figured that if there are more issues with it, i will steal the TPS and IAC off of my old TB cuz i know that they are both ok, noone around here has a voltage meter and im flat broke, so i'll steal those from myself.

Well seeing how the Professional Products TB has an adjustable piece for the sensor, it could just be that it needs to be adjusted to attain the correct voltage.

Swapping a sensor over without adjusting it is going to give you the same problem your having now.

Id check the voltage first, you either need to borrow one or buy one.

Hopefully you get it figured out, and go out there and beat up on Shane :eek:

well, we got the vac leak fixed for the bypass valve, and now i have no more boost problems, and the idle issue has been taken care of by doing that for the most part, its only very slighty off...so i guess we'll just give it more time to see how it works out, i want a bigger MAF really bad now.

Congrats!! Glad to hear you finally found the leak.

i will steal the TPS and IAC off of my old TB cuz i know that they are both ok

If you disconnect the battery for about 10 minutes, it can learn about the different sensors and maybe take care of the rest of your idle problem.

Back