Sagging rear end

T-bird Tim

Anyone know what I can do to raise the rear of a 90 SC? I installed a set of intrax lowering springs; the front looks right but the rear is about an inch lower and it looks like crap. I want the car to sit level. Any input would be appreciated.

Anyone know what I can do to raise the rear of a 90 SC? I installed a set of intrax lowering springs; the front looks right but the rear is about an inch lower and it looks like crap. I want the car to sit level. Any input would be appreciated.

Wowww :eek:
Sagging rear end I have the same problem just grab both cheeks pull up :D I have intrax Lowering springs as well the car sits just right did they put the rubber upper and lower spring cups back in the springs in back? look at mine in my member picture page thats how it looks with the springs. There is an easy fix I know they make hard rubber inserts that go between the spring coils to raise it 4x4 or truck places have them. You just jack it up take the load off the wheels insert them in the coils let it back down they never move

Last edited:
Yeah they put the old spring cups back in. I guess it's possible they are worn out and flattened over time. I'll try to get new ones and see how that works. Yours looks right, that's the way I want mine to sit.

I put a set of air bags in mine. Fairly easy to install and is very helpful with wide rear tires. If making a trip with the trunk loaded up I just add a little air to raise the rear a bit and limit the suspension travel.

It should be noted, that raising the rear with air bags, generally pushes the nose of the car down a similar amount.

David

What about replacing the rear adjustable shocks with air shocks? Wouldnt this do the same thing as air-bags?"

I have eibachs on mine. I always felt the front has more space from the top of the tire to the wheel well than the rear which has virtually no space. I guess I like it that way and dont have any immediate plans to change it

Ken

Attachments

• Rear side view 1.jpg
    Rear side view 1.jpg
    299.4 KB · Views: 88
Car looks good Ken. Mine sits way lower in the back. Kind of looks like one of those old-school lowriders.

Part of my problem is the battery is in the trunk, which is weight off the front and moved to the back. Fiberglass hood, no air conditioning, more weight off the front. I still like its low stance. If yours is lower that would suck. I rub the tires now if I hit a dip. I did just recently put some extra weight on top of the engine, maybe that will help

Ken

I have a fiberglass hood and plan on moving the battery to the trunk also, so I guess I will just invest in some air shocks for the rear.

when i put eibachs on my black 94sc it sat really low in the back then i replace the old rubber spring isolators with some poly units i bought off of mn12 performance and now it sits perfect.

Back