Brake conversion question....

the-big-e

I was at the pull-a-part the other day and there was a 90 SC there that didn't have a Tevees unit on it......:confused:

I thought for a minute that it might have been an LX with GFXs.....

It had FAPP64R in the vin#, so it was definitly an SC.......

Then I thought it might have the brake conversion on it, but I have never seen one in person.....

Here is a picture of what it has.....

Should I go pull it......:confused:

Attachments

• SC brake system.jpg
    SC brake system.jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 147
i have the same one its from a LX mine has been converted like that , but it doesnt work that well. theres not enough pressure for the rear brakes.

i just got the parts for the conversion and the mc in the pic looks like it has 2 proportioning valves, the 92/93 crown vic mc needed for the swap only has one for the rear brake line. also it's hard to see in the pic but does that mc have 4 lines on it? if it does then someone has changed it to the stock non abs bird system with 4 brake lines.

Also beware, the booster with the passenger side vac fitting did NOT line up with my firewall. I had to find one with a drivers vac fitting and it worked. Thats an in depth conversion there. I too am puzzled by my rear brake pressure after the swap. It takes two pumps to get the back brakes into action!

i just got the parts for the conversion and the mc in the pic looks like it has 2 proportioning valves, the 92/93 crown vic mc needed for the swap only has one for the rear brake line. also it's hard to see in the pic but does that mc have 4 lines on it? if it does then someone has changed it to the stock non abs bird system with 4 brake lines.

I noticed that it had 4 brake lines on it.....

I took a look at an LX near by and it had the exact same set up.....

I guess the previous owner must have had ABS problems :rolleyes: and switched over to an LX braking system.....

I noticed that it had 4 brake lines on it.....

I took a look at an LX near by and it had the exact same set up.....

I guess the previous owner must have had ABS problems :rolleyes: and switched over to an LX braking system.....

nothing wrong with that conversion just that whoever did it went the extra mile changing all the brake lines.... i wish i had the patience but since i don't i'm going with svo's setup

well what do you guys do to correct the problem about rear brakes. Sometimes you can't afford to pump it. Did you bench bleed the master and bleed all four calipers?

scott, i think anyone doing the conversion knows that but i can't vouch for having to pump the brakes since i haven't done the switch yet.

Back