View Full Version : Factory Pressure Fitted Clamps?

01-04-2007, 06:56 AM
On my 94 there are like factory pressure fitted clamps on hoses that connect to metal tubing. Doesn't look like they're high pressure. I'm taking a swing in the dark that thats just one way for ford to get more people to come down to their shops or buy from them when a hose goes. Some of the hoses along that have regular clamps from the factory that are taken off with pliers. What I'm thinking is cutting off thoes fittings and seeing if I can slightly flare them outwards then just put a regular clamp on thoes. Comments?

01-04-2007, 09:27 AM
You can cut them off. We had to at the dealer to perform a recall on the Taurus.

Joisey Jim
01-04-2007, 02:37 PM
Yes, you can cut off those factory crimped connections (hacksaw) and use regular hose bands. I think they used the metal pipes because of the long distances and running very close to the engine & headers. When the rubber hose sections go bad it's pretty much your only option - to cut off those factory bands and try to match the rubber hose sections at your local auto store. Both your heater hoses and oil cooler hoses are made that way.

01-04-2007, 09:16 PM
GM does the same thing, in fact I think a lot of auto makers do it to route heater lines around their fwd V-6 formats. They probably crimp them because they are supposed to resist vibration over time unlike a regular hose clamp.