"cold" vibration has returned...

ddw350

its been years since i dealt with this...i think motor mounts cured it last time,heres the deal...when its cold out and im at a light,i get this bad vibration,it goes away when warmed up.i did the motor mount test with the car in drive and me gassing it,the motor shifted like a inch,not alot like when they were bad last time,i checked balancer,trans mount and other possibilities.any ideas?? thanks

yea,its an automatic.the other day while it was doing it D..i set the brake,chocked the wheel and got out under the hood and was fishing around,its definately coming from the underneath the car,remember this is not and internal clanking,knocking...so i get on the pass side of the car and pull like hell on the intercooler tube towards me,and it stopped,as soon as i let up it started again..its crazy,it hasnt done it lately cause its been pretty warm here.i may jack up on the motor from underneath and see if i can tell if anything is wrong, i have a few codes they are all stuff like low voltage to maf,and related things...

i was informed today that the motor mounts are shot,seems the "fluid" has run out causeing them to basically collapse.i guess the vibration is the insides rubbing and bouncing on each other cause the fluids gone..i had them replaced like 5 years ago,figured i wouldnt have the car that long anyway so i didnt care what kind of mount was used..should have got the solid rubber ones...

Back