Rattle from the front

skully

Ok another problem lol with the 97 lx when im driving it i can hear a slight rattling noise coming from the front end when i go over little bumps or if the roads a little rough i cant feel it in the steering it's just a annouying rattle any one have any idea"s....Thanks for any suggestions

Chances are it's the sway bar links or strut rod bushings.
Testing sway bar links on these cars is impossible with the wheels unloaded. A drive on rack might help. I seem to find the later model cars have the worst sway bar links.
Alan

Im still having the same problem with mine.

The upper control arms and strut rod bushings have already been replaced before I bought it. I replaced the sway bar end links with Moog. It is still making the noise.

I think the guy that I bought it from put poly strut rod bushings...:rolleyes:

Thanks guys for the info im sure gonna check into them sway bar end links keep my fingers crossed

Sway Bar Links are the usual culprit. Check for ball movement in the socket. The suspension needs to be loaded before you will be able to tell.

Easy to check the sway bar end links. Park the car with the wheels pointed to the left. Lay down so that you can reach the end link. Grab and twist. If you can twist it without major exertion, it's probably bad. Turn the wheels the other way, and repeat for the other side. Oh yeah, and don't forget to wipe the disgusting road grime off your hands between steps 1 and 2. :)

Great thanks for the info ill try that, yea and for the grime ill use one of my wifes good towls lol it is her car j/k she kill me

I am fighting the same thing now. Might want to check and see if the sway bar mounting bushings are in good shape. I am thinking mine (which are aftermarket junk poly) are shot and the source of the noise.

Sure enough that was the problem replaced them two end links thismorning all quiet now i really do appreciate the help guys

Glad it worked out, man. I remember how nice it was when I replaced mine some time ago ... ahh, peace and quiet!

Back