96+ Headlight swap

dvldoc

Is this a direct fit for a 89-95. I assume you need the corner lamps as well. I rather have the clear lens after seeing the difference in my friends 97 with silverstars compared to mine. My housing are not super yellow but the silverstars still look like crap compared to my GTP.

Is this a direct fit for a 89-95. I assume you need the corner lamps as well. I rather have the clear lens after seeing the difference in my friends 97 with silverstars compared to mine. My housing are not super yellow but the silverstars still look like crap compared to my GTP.

If your asking if the earlier models will fit , no unless you change the hood , header panel and I believe the front bumper cover. I may have missed something but that what has to be changed.

S

Yup, those are the major parts.

Its a direct swap if you use the 96/97 Header panel + Lights .. then you have your choice of either 94/95 or 96/97 Bumper covers and hoods, either one will swap over depending on what you like better.

If you want an early style bumper / hood .. its going to require some fabrication work.

- Dan

I've seen them on 94/95 Birds with stock hoods and bumpers. Looks pretty good and you can't tell until you get real close they aren't a perfect fit, more like a 97% fit.

On a 89-93 you'd need to get a different hood and bumper cover.

You will need the header panel, head light housings, and corner lights for a 96 or 97 TBird. You can get clear corner lights from procarparts.com for the 96/97 lights. I'd check a junk yard for the header panel itself, and maybe the head lights if they look ok. Or go order some new lights from a parts store.

Its not 100% bolt on / plug and play.

You will need to use the lightbulb harness for the 9007 style lightbulb and re-wire it to the original light wires, double up the grounds.

- Dan

Forgot about that. The 89-93 use two bulbs, where as the 94/95's use a single bulb. What bulbs I'm not sure since I only have early model SC's.

Looks like its not worth it, I can get HID for $150, yeah the beam patter will be alittle of but 3 times brighter than stockers.

for the thunderbirds? i have seen the xenon ones but they aren't projectors.....if that makes sense.

cody

Back