Any other ???

EdGarrison

Does anybody know of any other Tranny that will fit and handle the power in a 1990 Sc? I know the Mustangs wont, learned the hard way. Cant seem to find a good stock one anywhere around Portland Oregon.

I bet a re builder in your area can duplicate an SC trans using your mustang core. I have an 83 Tbird case thats getting fixed up to be my spare.

$2400

I bet a re builder in your area can duplicate an SC trans using your mustang core. I have an 83 Tbird case thats getting fixed up to be my spare.

Had a quote of $1400 - $1700 from amco sounds High to me, have a 1990 parts car with a good Tranny but the car seems to nice to take apart.

I wouldnt let AAmco touch it. A smaller shop with less overhead could probably do you better. Just dont judge good trans shops by their looks. Some of the nasty ones around here build good stuff.

I wouldnt let AAmco touch it. A smaller shop with less overhead could probably do you better. Just dont judge good trans shops by their looks. Some of the nasty ones around here build good stuff.

I agree. I let a small shop around here do all my work and they are great.

Forget the rebuild and buy a Lentech or an Art Carr trans.....

You won't be spending much more than a basic rebuild and you will have a much better trans in the end.....:D

Back