window seal

ThunderDave

The window seal (weather stripping) on the inside of the passenger window acts like it's grabbing the window and not allowing it to go down. When I start to put the window down, the seal starts to roll in towards the window. Is there something I can clean the window with or put on the seal, to allow the window to move freely or is the seal just worn out and need replacing?

And if it needs replacing, how hard of a job is it and where could I get the replacement seal at?

Thanks!

Did you previously have window tint or something else on the windows? I had a similar experience after I removed the tint from the windows on my '93. There was still some glue residue on the inside of the window and it would not allow the window to go down.

There was no tint on the windows when I bought the car last May and I had seen the car a yearbefore with no tint. I'm gonna try a very stong cleaning solution and see if that helps. Maybe there is just some residue from something on it. Thanks for the suggestion though.

David,

My new 35th is having this same problem. The windows are tinted on my car though. I went to Ford today and they still have a few of them in stock. One is in Kentucky, one in Florida, and one in California. There could have been some more but thats all the parts guy told me. He said that they are around $38 to buy. The part number is F0SZ-6321456-A. I have dibs on the one in Kentucky so I can put it on my new 35th :D

If you do not want to buy the part you can try some Back to Black on the seal and it might fix your problem.

Shane

And if it needs replacing, how hard of a job is it and where could I get the replacement seal at

I have quite a few sets here :rolleyes: in very good condition, if you need them.....

They are very easy to replace......

First, remove upper and lower IC tubes.....:eek:

Oops....:eek:

I forgot that this is one of the few jobs that doesn't require the removal of the IC tubes......:rolleyes:

Remove the lower trim that houses the lap belt and pull the rubber seal off....

Install new seal, replace trim, and your done.....:cool:

All you should have to do is roll the window down, remove the door panel, then pull the seal gently out and install reverse of installation.

Shane

Sorry Dave.....

I was confused.....:rolleyes:

Not enough coffee before I could get the brain warmed up.....:confused:

I saw "weather strip" and it went down hill from there......:eek:

You might have a problem with one of the window glass guides, causing the glass to slide down into the door at the wrong angle and take the seal along with it.

Sometimes, like when it has rained and the window gets fogged up, there's enough moisture on it to allow it to go down and back up just fine. I just think there is some sticky dirt on it or the felt has worn off the seal and the rubber is grabbing the glass.

I'll get it cleaned up good this weekend and we'll see how it does then.

Back