Help - need 10 rib 40 inch sc belt

Steve Richards

SCCoA Member
I tried to find the postings for this but was unable to find it.

Does anyone have the part numbers and where I can buy :

12 rib 40 inch belt which I can cut 2 ribs off to fit, or
5-rib 40 inch (I can use 2)

Thanks for your help

u can jsut use 2 DAYCO 5050400 they run roughly 28$ canadian each so its no big budget loss :cool:

I would strongly advise against using two 5 rib belts...because they are not sold in matched sets and they will not grip nearly as well as a 10 rib. I installed a pair of 5 rib belts on my car last year and the belts wouldn't even stay in phase with the car idling...under a load they slipped badly.

David

Last edited:
I never experienced the problems david had except when trying to use Kelly belts. With the Daycos I didnt experience slip at 21psi. What I did notice however was that my aluminum tensioner pulley get eaten up.

Also I highly reccomend using the Spinning Wheels or MP high tension tensioner springs as you will hav emore surface area for grip yes...But less tension per teh defined contact area

So lets just help the guy out. ;) Gates K120400 and cut off two ribs with a razor knife. Make sure you have upgraded tensioners (on both SC belts) or the extra belt surface area won't do you any good.

I tried to find the postings for this but was unable to find it.

Does anyone have the part numbers and where I can buy :

12 rib 40 inch belt which I can cut 2 ribs off to fit, or
5-rib 40 inch (I can use 2)

Thanks for your help

Are you wanting a 8 rib 40 inch belt? I have a K080400 belt for the small pulley on my new blower and use a K080415 for the large pulley on my blower. Both are hard to find. I had to transfer them in from another branch of the company I work for

Ken

I will check and see if my company has any 10 rib belts that size

Last edited:
Closest branch of my company that has these belts in stock is North Haven CT
They have 2 in stock. Part# K120400. If that would be of help I could hook you up with them

Ken

Thanks a lot guys. I used the information you provided and spoke to a few belt suppliers. Apparently the manufacturers cannot guaranty that 2 5-rib belts will be the same length.

Carquest has a Gates 120400 for about $58 CDN and I can get it tomorrow - it was a little confusing because they say the length is 40.75" and I will get the stronger springs from Spinning Wheels.

AJ, Where can you get the Carlisle 10 rib belt?

I finally brought my silver SC back from the dead and shredded the supercharger belt last night.

Thanks again guys.:)

Last edited:
Their distributor locator is down but you can call Direct Sales to find out how you can connect with Carlisle: 800-349-2616

Back