New daily driver.

Jacob_Royer

SCCoA Member
92hondared.jpg

92 accord DX 5speed,tilt,AC 150k

Got it from a guy I know for $400 he had it not start one day dumped about $500 in parts trying to figure it out.. Let a shop have it for about a year and they couldn't figure out what was wrong with it eaither... Sold it to me for $400.. Messed with it for a couple weeks here and there and found out the coil was bad! Funny thing about it was that one of the things he replaced with a new unit was the coil! It was a bit hard to figure out because it had spark at the plugs that looked healthy... The timming was good (he had a new belt put in it...one of the many things he dumped money in that didnt need done to get it started) it had good fuel pressure...Good compression.... good valve adjustment.... but no start... finaly i cranked it with my timing light hooked to it and it wouldn't flash! but i still had spark at the plugs??? so i thought well maybe its just not strong enough spark so i swapped coils from my other honda and it fired right up!! Used coil on ebay $20 shipped + $400 for car.... not a bad deal.... It has brand new tires on it and a new kenwood CD player... drives and runs like a new one... just have to fix the resonator its rusted out.. Going to sell my white 92 accord its an auto and has 290k on it! buddy of mine is giving me $900 for it so i am comming out ahead big time on that deal ( bought the other one for $200 wrecked replaced some body parts $400 or so...) so i drove it for 3 1/2 years on a $600 investment (about 70k miles) and am making $200 selling it..... Going to use my profit to buy a 93 3.8 taurus that has a charging problem for $200... going to fix it, detail it and resell......

Back