SC Rear Bumper, Standard??

blohr05

Hey peeps. I have a ? i have been wondering for awhile. Was there only certain SC's made with that rear SC bumper that has the inserts. I have a 95 SC and its just a regular bumper. The cars color is Currant Red if that makes a differencs that they may have used it on some colors and not others. Anyone know where i could order one at? Thanks
Brian

the only place to find a supercoupe bumper is off of another supercoupe. 89-93 bumpers are easier to find and 94-95 are rare these days and if you do find one be ready to pay top dollar for it. the answer to your question is there was only one kind of bumper on a supercoupe no matter what the color so you car was probably rearended at some time and they couldn't find the correct bumper, good luck in your search!

by insert, you mean that long skinny piece toward the bottom below where it says "Thunderbird SC"? I've seen some SCs with it, some without.

Also, since theres this thread speaking of rear bumpers, does anyone know why some SCs have a different font where it says "Thunderbird SC"? Some look straight, some look like there in italics.

-Nick

yes thats wat i mean by "insert" the lettering and all. I have had my SC since 2001 and am the 2nd owner, i knew the first owner, and i nor him had ever had the car rear ended. Its a 95 and yeah it is quite hard to find the bumper with the insert.

All the SC bumpers have the tbird sc embossed on it but the 89-93 and the 94-95 are different the ealier ones have a gap in it and the the newer ones curve upwards and there is a plastic piece in it

yes thats wat i mean by "insert" the lettering and all. I have had my SC since 2001 and am the 2nd owner, i knew the first owner, and i nor him had ever had the car rear ended. Its a 95 and yeah it is quite hard to find the bumper with the insert.

the "lettering" is NOT an insert, the black strip below the letters IS an insert and can be removed and replaced. you can buy letter inserts in stainless steel or vinyl to make the word stand out more if that's what your talking about.

Last edited:
the "lettering" is NOT an insert, the black strip below the letters IS an insert and can be removed and replaced. you can buy letter inserts in stainless steel or vinyl to make the word stand out more if that's what your talking about.

I dont hae any lettering to put the inserts into, nor do i have the insert on my bumper.

figured it out

Well i did some calling around. Talked to the guy that owned the SC before me and traded it in to dealership, he said he didn't get rear ended. So i called the Ford dealer and asked for the salesman hoping he still worked there and he said that the rear bumper was stolen over night while on the lot. That sucks.

Back