PDA

View Full Version : Automatic Window Module

crazed maniac
01-14-2007, 02:43 PM
Guys,

I have done this modification to my car and love the result! With this modification you will gain the one touch automatic down window feature in your Thunderbird/Cougar! I have it installed on both switches controlled by the driver, and both windows go down with one touch of the button!

I am here to offer the modules to you guys if any of you are interested. Once any of you buy them, let me know when the item has been received and I will send you a link to my tech article on how to install them. It's fairly easy to do. Only thing is, make sure your windows tracks are clean and greased, and that your window motor is fairly strong. If the module senses any type of bind or hesitation, the window will stop at that point.

I have 5 of these modules left to offer, and I am asking $12 shipped. I will probably get more of these eventually, but not until Spring. Thanks for your interest.

Picture of the module:
http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g188/th3subtl3on3/S5300002Small.jpg

A1cntrler
01-14-2007, 05:12 PM
So how involved is the installation. Is it plug and play or do I need to cut into some wires?? How does it work? Just like a modern one?? Once the button is activated, does another press of it disable to auto down??? In my '07 Sport trac if I press it down all the way it goes into express down mode, but a partial press of the switch works it like a convetional window..

crazed maniac
01-15-2007, 02:28 AM
The installation is pretty straight forward. There one wire that you completely cut through, and all the others are inline splices. With this feature you gain the controls of the usual features. Push the down button once, window goes all the way down. Press and hold the down button, then release, window stops at that point. Press button once, window starts down, press button again to stop it. You get all the normal features with this module.

the-big-e
01-15-2007, 09:41 AM
I am interested.....

Do you take paypal?

crazed maniac
01-15-2007, 02:16 PM
Yes I do, PM sent. Thanks.

Merlon
01-15-2007, 08:45 PM
or does it work for both?

crazed maniac
01-15-2007, 08:49 PM
It depends how you want it configured. You would need two installed on the drivers side to have the features on both windows. If you want the passenger to have the same control, you would need another one to install in the passenger side.

Passengers are passengers, so in my book, they don't get the right to have automatic windows. I believe the driver should have that control, so I only installed it on the drivers side. :D

crazed maniac
01-16-2007, 08:59 AM
I have sales pending on 4 of these. I will update this again once payments are received. Thanks for your interests guys.

crazed maniac
01-16-2007, 12:10 PM
All sold. Maybe eventually I will get some more to offer everyone. Thanks guys.

Thanks,
Brian

mcate
06-26-2007, 05:08 PM
I did this mod a few months back. I was out this afternoon at the local Pick N Pull & I noticed that the button with "Auto" on it from the Gen 2 Taurus was shaped similar to my 95 & 96 T-Birds. I popped it off & tried it on a Bird & it fit perfectly, so I grabbed a couple. Might as well have the complete package!

sizemoremk
06-30-2007, 10:34 PM
Are anymore of these available?

mcate
06-30-2007, 10:41 PM
I picked up a couple of extra modules at the local junkyard last week for around $3 a piece. You can find them inside the drivers side front door on Gen 2 Taurus's/Sables. Here's a link:
http://www.rowand.net/Shop/Tech/ExpressPowerWindows.htm
It's a real easy mod. Took me about 20 minutes.

thunderkid84
07-24-2007, 07:38 PM
has anyone heard anything more about this or seen some more for sale anywhere ?

i'd like to do this so if someone has any modules they'd like to sell please let me know.

is there a better how-to than the one above ? its not very clear.

mcate
07-24-2007, 08:05 PM
The local junkyard out in Va Beach usually has a good supply of Gen 2 Taurii, & I've bought several of the modules for like 3 or 4 bucks a piece. Unfortunately, I'm in the process of moving & all my spare parts are in Indiana.

Try these links: http://www.ford-trucks.com/article/idx/8/175/article/Adding_Express_Down_Feature_to_1992__1996_FSeries_ and_Broncos.html

or
http://www.shotimes.com/php-bin/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&mode=thread&order=0&thold=0&sid=209

CaifanSC
07-24-2007, 10:54 PM
I did this mod a few months back. I was out this afternoon at the local Pick N Pull & I noticed that the button with "Auto" on it from the Gen 2 Taurus was shaped similar to my 95 & 96 T-Birds. I popped it off & tried it on a Bird & it fit perfectly, so I grabbed a couple. Might as well have the complete package!

This sounds like an easy mod to do... u got any pix of the 'auto' button?

mcate
07-25-2007, 05:36 AM
Here's the window button from the Taurus installed in my T-Bird.