Hard AOD slipping problem\questions...

jamesgangel

Got my old car back, had a built aod, with a 2200 stall.. Ok I got the car back, now it revs high when cold before it shifts into 2nd. When i drive it say 20 mins the car will slip like hell in d or od, ( hits like 5k then you can feel it hit into gear ). But now if i put it in 1st, it will go and pull fine. And regualar driving it sometimes fake shifts for a split second.. What i did to get the car home was floor it in 1st get to speed then put it in drive or overdrive and from then on it grabed and didnt slip. It seems when it gets past 1st it will grab, and overdrive does not slip. Also in drive coming to a stop right before coming to a complete stop you can almost feel it make a howling\grinding noise before going into first or disengaging etc.. Tv cable is adjusted right now for most pressure.. Just wondering if anyone has any advise..

TV cable for most pressure? Sounds like its maxed out. That will cause delayed harsh shifts.... I would get it adjusted for proper pressure and see what it does.

grommet..

you mean the grommet in the throttle body? if thats what you mean, its not broke, I have the brass one too..

Better check and make sure the cable didn't strip out at the adjuster then, and check the linkage underneath.
Alan

Back