PDA

View Full Version : Magnum Powers 15%-25% OD No-Slip Pulley kit Group purchase

XR7 Dave
01-15-2007, 02:13 AM
There has been great response to the MP 25% OD pulley combination that we used on the MPX blower test car but the pulley arrangement on that car is custom with a one-of-a-kind blower pulley, ESM JS pulley, and MP crank pulley. I have talked Charles into drafting up the design for a MP version of this custom setup. The only thing is we have to let him know that we really want this setup by placing orders before he can have production started.

{Edit}
Hadn't occurred to me initially but for those with an MPI, S-Port, or other ported blower, the 10% JS and 5% 10 Rib blower pulley combo would be an excellent combination with a stock or UD crank pulley. A great way to eliminate belt slip on that combination too.
{Edit}

Details on the pulley setup:

All pulleys will be made from 6061, sand blasted for adhesion, and then hard annodized for long life.

The crank pully will be the same as is currently offered from MP with stock acc. drive ratio and an 8 rib JS pulley drive. The JS pulley will also emply a 10% OD and will have an 8 rib driven side and 10 rib drive side to the blower. The blower pulley will be a 10 rib press-on 5% drive size.

The group buy will allow you the option to buy either all 3 pulleys or just the two uppers if you already have the crank pulley.

Included with the purchase is also both MP high tension springs for the tensioners and Gates belt (or belts depending on which package you get) which are known for having the best grip and longest life for this kind of application. This is a group purchase benefit only!

Here is the link: MP Pulley Group Buy Link. (http://www.magnumpowers.com/thunder_pro_pri.php)

Minimum 15 orders needed to begin production.

If you have an MPIII or plan on getting the MPX you NEED to get in on this now!

pablon2
01-15-2007, 12:43 PM
+1....................:d :d :d

XxSlowpokexX
01-15-2007, 04:34 PM
It will be blasted but not hard annodized due to the need for the press fit to the blower shaft.

Cant you do that, get it hard anodized and then reclearence for a pressfit. Teh cost may = the same or even less then using the higher grade aluminum and still get better wear characteristics. I dont see myself needing this but just athought

Super XR7
01-15-2007, 08:15 PM
Cant you do that, get it hard anodized and then reclearence for a pressfit. Teh cost may = the same or even less then using the higher grade aluminum and still get better wear characteristics. I dont see myself needing this but just athought

It would be best to have all the pullys anodized to reduce wear. Type II anodize typically builds all surfaces .0004" - so make the ID .0008 larger. If one has trouble fitting to shaft, hone the pully ID with a brake hone in the drill. Thats what I did and it worked well. IMHO 7075-T6 is over kill - 6061-T6 would be fine and much more available.

Mike

XR7 Dave
01-16-2007, 10:26 AM
Charles has informed me that all pulleys will be hard annodized 6061 as the revised post above shows. Thanks for the suggestions.

rzimmerl
01-17-2007, 12:22 PM
Ok, either one of these kits come with an 8rib/10rib JS pulley correct. Stock or UD crank pulleys only have a 7 rib belt. I should be OK to run this setup still, correct? I will be using an SCI stock size crank pulley this year. If so I will be placing my order without the crank pulley just to get the 10 rib SC belt.

SCaddict
01-17-2007, 01:40 PM
My deposit is in.:D

Marty

pablon2
01-17-2007, 02:03 PM
Charles has informed me that all pulleys will be hard annodized 6061....

Aw, I wanted my SC pulley polished. Oh well. :rolleyes:

XR7 Dave
01-17-2007, 03:23 PM
Ok, either one of these kits come with an 8rib/10rib JS pulley correct. Stock or UD crank pulleys only have a 7 rib belt. I should be OK to run this setup still, correct? I will be using an SCI stock size crank pulley this year. If so I will be placing my order without the crank pulley just to get the 10 rib SC belt.

Yes, you can run a narrower belt with no problems. The belt will align towards the back of the pulley leaving one rib at the front exposed.

rzimmerl
01-17-2007, 03:27 PM
Thanks, Dave.

UPDATE: Payment sent

XR7 Dave
01-18-2007, 07:13 PM
In case no one is paying attention.....;) this group buy only commences when we have 15 people put down deposits. So far Charles has 3.

People, this is the solution to belt slip issues that have plagued SC owners for years. If you want this setup to be an option in the future, some of you will have to pony up and get it now. If you don't really care about eliminating belt slip then there really isn't much point in proving that an M90 can make over 400rwhp because no one will be able to at which point the naysayers will have a self fullfilling prophesy.

For those who haven't been paying attention. BELT SLIP WILL PREVENT YOU FROM MAKING 400RWHP WITH YOUR M90.

Do you want to be able to make 400rwhp? Or do you want that to just to be something of legend so people can say "yep, back in the day someone said they made 400rwhp but I don't really believe it." The choice is yours and history will, to an extent, be decided here.

For those who think "I will wait and see if my belt slips." Don't take for granted that options will exist forever.

SCaddict
01-18-2007, 07:53 PM
Tom S,

Get going on this! I want mine!

Marty

Mike8675309
01-18-2007, 11:10 PM
If you want it polished, you can apply a powder coating to the faces if you want to.

Hard Anodizing is the only way I'll ever buy pullies after what I've seen from those that aren't. It's one thing if it's just a track car or show car. But if you're gonna be driving it places, you want those pullies to last.

Is this for the MPIII and MPX due to fitment issues on the blower pulley, or due to total waste of time on anything else?

Checked the bank... I'm in. (wife can find out later when UPS man arrives)

XR7 Dave
01-19-2007, 01:16 AM
Is this for the MPIII and MPX due to fitment issues on the blower pulley, or due to total waste of time on anything else?

The 3 piece set provides 25% OD which is too much for anything short of an MPIII. However, the pulleys are 100% compatible with all other crank pulleys so if you bought the upper 2 pulley option for say an S-Port or something like that, you would get the best grip possible on the upper 2 pulleys, 15% OD, and the remaining stock or aftermarket pulley would only be the crank pulley which is the slowest moving and largest diameter pulley making it the least likely to slip of all pulleys.

rzimmerl
01-19-2007, 08:29 AM
Here is the reply I got back from Charles regarding the setup using a stock crank pulley. Just to help get this moving.

Charles,

I am interested in purchasing the 15% OD kit, but have a simple question
before I purchase the set. Will the 8 rib JS pulley work with the stock
size crank pulley with the stock size 7 rib JS belt? I would like to run
this setup for my MP2 to help eliminate the slip using the 10 rib SC belt.

Thanks
Ryan

Ryan,
Yes it will. The MP 10% crank pulley has an extra rib forward of the
standard 7. If you have a stock crank pulley just run a 7 rib belt in
the rear 7 JS groves.

Charles

Mike8675309
01-19-2007, 08:47 AM
Thanks guys. I placed an order last night for the full set. Note I didn't even see this thread until last night.

What some folks may not realize is that Charles has worked out a very good design for pullies that has a significant reduction in the potential for belt slip. A 15% overdrive set that cuts slip quite a bit is a heck of a deal at this price especially for those considering a future, if not immediate up grade to their blower.

pablon2
01-19-2007, 10:56 AM
A 15% overdrive set that cuts slip quite a bit is a heck of a deal at this price especially for those considering a future, if not immediate up grade to their blower.

Agreed, now is the time. People are not going to beat this price. I placed my order for the 25% OD set the night before the Group Buy was announced so I know it is a GREAT deal, basically getting the belts and springs for free. The key to making big M90 power is before us at a discounted price. Hmmmm, what should I do? :rolleyes:

rzimmerl
01-19-2007, 09:18 PM
Have one more question, what tensioner pulley is being used for the 10 rib? I use dayco 89016 tensioner pullies.

nickleman60
01-20-2007, 12:11 AM
i just put my order in for the mpx and the pulley set. :D :D :D

ufdb
01-20-2007, 01:21 AM
Got my deposit in. Now I guess I'd better start saving up for the power package or MPX so these pulleys arent left sitting in the box forever.

And here I wasnt planning on spending any money on this frigin' car for another 6 months...

Bit by the SC bug again......and you guys are to blame! :D

Mike8675309
01-20-2007, 07:32 PM
That dayco number is the nice wide pulley. I'm going to say it'll fit.

ufdb
01-21-2007, 01:49 PM
Any word on how this group buy is looking?

V6Sprout
01-21-2007, 03:32 PM
Is the 15% OD kit too muhc fora stock blower? I am currently running a 10% OD pulley on the blower, so 15% would be alittle higher but no slip which is more benefit plus a 10 rib setup. I currently have the SCI underdrive pullies as well. That is a killer deal. I coudl sell my SCI JS and blower pulley to compensate the price too :D

BLOWN38
01-22-2007, 05:19 PM
Just placed my order!

lilredstang
01-22-2007, 05:22 PM
This sucks. So we need this spring, pulley and belt system along with 60lb. injectors to properly run the MPX. The sucks part is that 1. I did not see this comming and did not budget for any new mods till spring. 2. This group buy and the injector group buy are going at the SAME TIME. 3. I just dropped a BIG wadd to pay off the stang. I am game, but I will need to wait a week or two.:( Was there a post saying that something awsome was comming soon so save your pennies?? Maybe I missed it.:D

BLOWN38
01-22-2007, 05:32 PM
This sucks. So we need this spring, pulley and belt system along with 60lb. injectors to properly run the MPX. The sucks part is that 1. I did not see this comming and did not budget for any new mods till spring. 2. This group buy and the injector group buy are going at the SAME TIME. 3. I just dropped a BIG wadd to pay off the stang. I am game, but I will need to wait a week or two.:( Was there a post saying that something awsome was comming soon so save your pennies?? Maybe I missed it.:D

Yeah man i feel your pain. Dave just finished some other stuff for me than i need to pay him a bunch of money for then i find out the same day about this and the injectors. just can't pass these deals up.

Ira R.
01-22-2007, 05:36 PM
Yeah man i feel your pain. Dave just finished some other stuff for me than i need to pay him a bunch of money for then i find out the same day about this and the injectors. just can't pass these deals up.

Sure you can Chris. I mean come on here, how much faster do you really need to go :D :eek: :D

ducking and running like he$$

Ira

rzimmerl
01-22-2007, 05:42 PM
your also gonna want a better intercooler along with a dyno tune. You don't need the pulleys, you just need them so your belt won't slip like 99% of all SC's due. The way it's going the SC parts revolution is about to start :D

pablon2
01-22-2007, 07:23 PM
The way it's going the SC parts revolution is about to start :D

Oh man, you are getting me excited all over again. :D

rzimmerl
02-02-2007, 11:47 AM
anyone have any updates, if we met the order quota yet? I emailed Charles a couple of days ago, still haven't recieved a response yet.

Sampo
02-03-2007, 04:41 AM
I think I will order the whole 25% set of pulleys... Just don't know exactly where to leave order... Sorry my bad English....:o

Is it right where it says $250 and below that, Deposit? And when I'll push add cart it shows quantity 2 and total price $500...I quess it's that...

BTW, I already have the underdrive pulleys including crank pulley, alternator pulley and waterpump pulley. Can I run the alternator & waterpump pulleys with that MP's 10% crank pulley?? Or do I have to change the original pulleys back...?

SCaddict
02-03-2007, 01:01 PM
I think I will order the whole 25% set of pulleys... Just don't know exactly where to leave order... Sorry my bad English....:o

Is it right where it says $250 and below that, Deposit? And when I'll push add cart it shows quantity 2 and total price $500...I quess it's that...

BTW, I already have the underdrive pulleys including crank pulley, alternator pulley and waterpump pulley. Can I run the alternator & waterpump pulleys with that MP's 10% crank pulley?? Or do I have to change the original pulleys back...?

Yes, the total price is $500. You will not be able to run your underdrive waterpump pulley with the new 10% MP crank pulley.

Marty

XR7 Dave
02-03-2007, 01:18 PM
It is worthwhile to note that the JS and blower pulley is available SEPERATE from the crank pulley. There is absolute benefit for people running an MPII or MPI or S-port to run 15% OD with this pulley set. You do NOT need to get the crank pulley to get in on the deal and help this important product development go through.

I'll say it again, if you are thinking that one day you might want this pulley setup, then now is the time to get it. If we can't get a group buy together, then the product will be cancelled and no one will get one. I feel we have reached a plateau with belt grip and people will be limited to 350rwhp with the current options. I strongly feel that the pulley setup that we have on our test car is KEY to being able to make mroe than 350rwhp RELIABLY and without belt slip. It makes little sense to promote an MPX if we don't have the ability to spin the blower fast enough to get benefit from it.

The POLL above suggests that we have strong support for this pulley system but if the orders don't go in, the product will not be made. That would be a sad thing for SC's. I'm not suggesting anyone buy a product they don't want or need, but if you think you want to wait because you will get it next year, remember, if it isn't made now, then it won't be available next year either.

:)

pablon2
02-03-2007, 02:30 PM
I'll say it again, if you are thinking that one day you might want this pulley setup, then now is the time to get it. If we can't get a group buy together, then the product will be cancelled and no one will get one.

The POLL above suggests that we have strong support for this pulley system but if the orders don't go in, the product will not be made.
:)

Lemme see if I am picking up what you are laying down.....my SC's future hinges on this group buy? Considering how the bracing GB is going I might as well turn the lights off. It was my impression that these parts will be made, but the numbers were needed ONLY to secure a lower price, NOT to guarantee production. Hold onto your current pulleys boys, you may need them. :( Now I wish I hadn't ditched the UDs in prep for the new MP pulley setup. What I would like to know is where the he*l are all the peeps that said they want the pulleys? :confused: It's push to shove time. MP was hoping to get these out early next month, but apparently needs the numbers first.

And one last question which may have been asked already, not sure....what option do we have for a different tensioner pulley b/c I assume we are going to need wider tensioner pulleys correct?

SRT-4
02-03-2007, 03:00 PM
50% Deposit to secure your name on the GP List and the remainder when the product ships. Expect ship date early March. Total Price is $500 The offer will end as soon as there are 15 people signed up for this kit and the one below.

He didnt say anything about that when I ordered my PP#1, I hope the 8 rib and the 10 rib pulleys come with my MPX, I had no clue it would be march :mad:

Power Package #1

Includes: MPx Supercharger case with matching Intake Plenum, 85mm Throttle Body, 3 1/2" Cold Air Intake System and 10 rib 15% Supercharger/Jackshaft pulley kit with Heavy duty tensioner springs and belt.

so if the GB doesnt get "X" amount of people an I screwed :confused:

XR7 Dave
02-03-2007, 08:58 PM
Don't shoot me, I'm just the messenger. :eek:

Here's the deal.

I have the described pulley system on the MPX car I tested. It's a mixmatch of parts but it works effectively in all aspects. So I asked Charles to make a new pulley kit. I told him that if he made it, people would line up to buy it. I felt (and feel) that this pulley system is the answer for the M90. Personally, I think everyone with a performance blower, whether it's an S-Port, MPI, MPII, MPIII, or MPX, you should have this pulley system. That's how I feel.

I put the poll up on the MPX thread on my own to find out who would buy. I then went to Charles and said "look, we have 20 people who want this." He said "if we have 15 then I'll go ahead". Hence the "group buy" was initiated.

As far as I know, the pulleys will be made when there are 15 orders. That is all I know. Charles expected 15 people to step up right away. He did not anticipate that people would vote on the poll and then not follow through. I can't answer for what will or will not happen as I am not involved in the pulleys any more than I have stated here.

Sampo
02-04-2007, 04:55 AM
And one last question which may have been asked already, not sure....what option do we have for a different tensioner pulley b/c I assume we are going to need wider tensioner pulleys correct?

That's what I was thinking too...??

Do we need them?

XR7 Dave
02-04-2007, 09:35 AM
Yes and no. The lower one - no. That's only an 8-Rib belt anyway. The 10 rib - maybe. I am running a standard width tensioner on this one. Ford designed the tensioners so that they overhang the pulleys by a rib on each side. If you run the aftermarket tensioners most commonly sold by vendors and parts houses you are already running 6 rib tensioners on your 8 rib belts. Those steel tensioner pulleys that people sell? Those are 6 Rib tensioners.

So if you run the TRUE 8 Rib tensioner wheels they pretty much cover the 10 Rib belt. That's what I have on this car and I don't feel there is an issue with it. If you are running the narrow steel pulleys then you will need to got the right ones.

Sampo
02-04-2007, 11:04 AM
Ok, thanks.

I have the steel ones so I quess I will need the wider one...

lilredstang
02-04-2007, 03:47 PM
So what was the last count of people who have put down the cash? Could someone post a list of people who have steped up so far, so we have an idea how its progressing?

pablon2
02-04-2007, 04:12 PM
So what was the last count of people who have put down the cash? Could someone post a list of people who have steped up so far, so we have an idea how its progressing?

According to Charles, we are half way there. C'mon people, buck up and dooo eeet. Get just the JS and SC pulley combo for $270 total if you don't wanna/need to spring the $500 for the 'all-inclusive' pulley set. It's not like it is a $1,400 buy in or something. Invest in the car's future. Of course I am biased. ;)

SRT-4
02-05-2007, 01:36 PM
I called Charles about 3 mins ago, He has the # he needs and we/all are looking for them to ship in 3 weeks.............Like dave said....dont shoot the messenger

pablon2
02-05-2007, 01:39 PM
I called Charles about 3 mins ago, He has the # he needs and we/all are looking for them to ship in 3 weeks.............Like dave said....dont shoot the messenger

Why would I shoot the messenger? With news like this, I'd kiss the messenger (if she were a girl of course). :D

SRT-4
02-05-2007, 01:43 PM
Why would I shoot the messenger? With news like this, I'd kiss the messenger (if she were a girl of course). :D

sorry no.......:rolleyes:

BirdofPrey97
02-11-2007, 02:06 PM
Bought a set. Paul you should be happy. :) :p

pablon2
02-12-2007, 12:41 AM
Bought a set. Paul you should be happy. :) :p

You'll thank me for it. :D

BirdofPrey97
02-13-2007, 03:59 PM
Is there any further information available on the status of these products? Dave?

Shipment date set?

Had production begun?

Any further information at all?

V6Sprout
02-13-2007, 08:20 PM
I want in on the 15% kit but won't have the cash for a couple more weeks, is this still ok?

pablon2
02-13-2007, 08:31 PM
I want in on the 15% kit but won't have the cash for a couple more weeks, is this still ok?

A question best asked of Charles (MP).

XR7 Dave
02-13-2007, 08:31 PM
This is not my group buy. I merely announced it and support the intent of it. Please contact Charles Warner at www.magnumpowers.com for details.

Thanks guys!

V6Sprout
02-13-2007, 08:45 PM
hey at least get the website right :) there is an S in the website, haha

good call, I wasn't sure if Charles visited this site or this thread in particular or not, I'll email him. Thanks guys.

Mike8675309
02-13-2007, 09:17 PM
I'm assuming Charles will ask for the rest of the cash once he's ready to start shipping stuff.

nickleman60
02-13-2007, 09:42 PM
cha-ching for the final $250 and then the fun begins.....lol:D

BirdofPrey97
02-24-2007, 08:45 PM
Anyone recieved any information on shipment of these items? By information I mean a solid date?

BLOWN38
02-26-2007, 11:12 AM
nope. hope it comes out soon, got a dyno tune commin up.

SRT-4
02-26-2007, 12:27 PM
nope. hope it comes out soon, got a dyno tune commin up.

SAME HERE

89CougarXRStick
02-27-2007, 12:39 AM
Wow wasn,t sure i was gonna get in on this great deal..But i did...Can,t wait till the stuff arrives...

V6Sprout
02-27-2007, 10:37 PM
Payment sent for 15% kit, WOOT!

So how many people have bought in so far? Curious as to when we will get them now :)

pablon2
02-27-2007, 10:54 PM
Payment sent for 15% kit, WOOT!

So how many people have bought in so far? Curious as to when we will get them now :)

Not sure on head count and as far as when we will get them, no new info has surfaced so we only have the original ship estimate of "early March".

V6Sprout
02-27-2007, 10:57 PM
Early march is next week, hopefully we will get an update soon. I sent an email to Charles a few weeks ago but never got a reply.

pablon2
02-27-2007, 11:04 PM
Early march is next week, hopefully we will get an update soon.

Agreed. Some, including myself, have been waiting nearly 2 months for the parts. It'll be worth the wait though. :)

V6Sprout
02-27-2007, 11:31 PM
Got an email from Charles

Jamie,

I have 11 GP orders plus a couple others so 13 or so total. I hope to
ship the pulley set in 2 or 3 weeks, we are getting nearer.

Charles

AWESOME!

rzimmerl
02-27-2007, 11:34 PM
Looks like will get them just about the same time I'll get the car out of storage :D

BirdofPrey97
02-28-2007, 08:03 AM
2 to 3 weeks is the Middle to End of March not the first of March. My car gets tuned March 10th and he has had my $ how long? Not happy.:mad:

Vendors for this site need to honor what they say minus the excuses. As a manager of a business it doesn't matter why I can't get my product to the customer it is still my fault and I have to take ownership for that. When a date is put out there for consumers that date should be honored. If it is not going to be honored than a statement should be made ASAP of the knowledge being known not 1 email to 1 of 13 people. Very unprofessional. :(

Tired of excuses it's time for results. :-)

rzimmerl
02-28-2007, 08:23 AM
it clearly states in the description, EXPECTED ship date to be early March, being this is an all new product it takes time. Product launches do not always go off as planned, they are a big headache and you can't wait for them to be over.

V6Sprout
02-28-2007, 08:40 AM
Plus the website says ONCE THEY GET 15 people the parts will be made and shipped, nothing unprofessional about the GP at all. Everyone knew the conditions, you just seemed to have misread them.:(

BirdofPrey97
02-28-2007, 08:50 AM
I believe it was stated that is was not a GP also, just that if you are DN you get to place them in this section.

The date was changed and the supplier knew this and did not make it public information. Expectations were stated and accepted. Once that information is changed it should be made public.

XR7 Dave
02-28-2007, 09:01 AM
I don't mind being called "unprofessional" because that is exactly what I am. If I were a professional I would have charged Charles by the hour for all the R&D that I did on this, the dyno time, and the equipment I bought specifically to test these parts, AND those additional costs would be reflected in the price. But it isn't and and I'm not a professional as several people on this site keep reminding me. I'm so unprofessional that I even ordered one of these kits at the same price as you guys did.

We are in this together guys. The alternative is that we don't have any new parts available to us. The ONLY reason these parts are going to be available at all is because I did the R&D to make it happen. I convinced Charles that people need these parts and would buy them. I posted, promoted and supported this group buy. And I didn't ask anything from anyone in return.

Sorry for the rant. I know that fielding complaints is part of my "job" even though I'm not a professional. :cool:

rzimmerl
02-28-2007, 09:12 AM
People need to realize what it takes to make new parts. SC part vendors are getting slim. We lost 2 good vendors this year MN12Perf and lately BTM. WE need to support the people that build and test anything new that is being offered for these cars. Face it we are a unique group that is getting smaller as every day goes buy and another SC gets parted out since they are worth more in pieces than they are running.

Sorry for the rant, but I am just really starting to get in to the deep end of SC's and would hate to see no more new products be offered.

XR7 Dave
02-28-2007, 09:13 AM
I believe it was stated that is was not a GP also, just that if you are DN you get to place them in this section.

The date was changed and the supplier knew this and did not make it public information. Expectations were stated and accepted. Once that information is changed it should be made public.

I can see where you are coming from on this. I guess it's not normal for someone not directly involved in a group buy to be promoting it in this forum. I really need to make this clear. THIS IS NOT MY GROUP BUY! I posted here to help Charles and to help you guys. I don't believe there are any rules about who can post a group buy here in this forum but I realize that my posting this group buy makes it look like this is my group buy. It is not.

On my own, and without any direction from Magnum Powers, I posted a poll asking who would buy such a kit if it were made. I immediately had over 20 responses saying YES! YES! Now, over a month later MP has 11 orders. It's easy to blame MP for delaying this product, but if you read MP website you will see that he is being 100% true to his word. I have missed updating everyone on the progress of the group buy but I am not an agent for MP nor am I involved in this group buy. I simply took the initiative just like anyone else could have, to promote this product here in this forum. I'm not even sure that Charles Warner is aware of this thread, I've never asked him.

SCaddict
02-28-2007, 11:57 AM
What if Dave did not do the R&D and Charles did not agree to do the pulleys? People would be whining about not having a vendor who makes better pulleys! We finally have new parts coming out for the SC and generally at prices that does not require a new mortgage on a house and people are STILL complaining! So it takes a few weeks longer, who cares, without the people involved it would not have happened at all.

Marty

ricardoa1
02-28-2007, 04:27 PM
I'm in for the buy, but this info should also be in the technical forum as a stickie. Not everyone checks the group buy section.
Also, what is needed the most is the jackshaft and od pulley the crank pulley is already being made and can be purchased later. But the information on MP website gives the indication that all items are needed and thats near the $500, and that might scare a few people.

JT93SC
03-01-2007, 02:55 PM
Just went to the Magnum Powers site and put im my Deposit.... Should be close to 15 orders now!!!!

Jim :)

pablon2
03-01-2007, 03:07 PM
Just went to the Magnum Powers site and put im my Deposit.... Should be close to 15 orders now!!!!

Jim :)

Great to hear there will be one more to benefit from this "historic" group buy. :)

pablon2
03-01-2007, 03:14 PM
But the information on MP website gives the indication that all items are needed and thats near the $500, and that might scare a few people.

That was not my understanding when I read the group buy info.

V6Sprout
03-01-2007, 05:24 PM
just because they are making them now doesn't mean they will make them later, thats why I wanted to make sure I got my set now. I don't have a MPX blower so no crank pulley for me. Dave explained it well in his posts about the different setups, but not sure about the MP website, didn't really read it, just clicked ont he link that fit me. :D

fastang
03-01-2007, 05:51 PM
i just put a deposit on my kit. i'm only getting thw 15% for now.

rzimmerl
03-01-2007, 06:00 PM
man, the orders have really taken off this week!!!!!! spread the word :D

V6Sprout
03-01-2007, 06:13 PM
Thanks Fastang, another SC powered mustang with the MP pulley kit, when you get it come down and we can install them together :) Or maybe have charles ship them together to save on shipping.

I have posted the pulley kit info over on v6power.net

lilredstang
03-01-2007, 06:41 PM
Thanks Fastang, another SC powered mustang with the MP pulley kit, when you get it come down and we can install them together :) Or maybe have charles ship them together to save on shipping.

I have posted the pulley kit info over on v6power.net

Hey V6Sprout, for the record I got in on this feb. 5th. Thanks to the crazy weather here in the midwest my pony is sitting a lake that WAS the lawn a month ago.:rolleyes: So I guess I am the only one not in a big hurry:D

ricardoa1
03-01-2007, 07:13 PM
That was not my understanding when I read the group buy info.

Its not that it is quoted wrong on the group buy. But on MP website Charles simply placed the items as a complete package on his website, some of the parts are already being made like the tensioner spring and crank and not nessesary to get the buy going.

Roadhawg
03-01-2007, 07:15 PM
Seems like the M90 Mustang guys are making up almost 1/3 of the group buy. :rolleyes:

Roadhawg
V6sprout
fastang
lilredstang

XR7 Dave
03-01-2007, 07:21 PM
Its not that it is quoted wrong on the group buy. But on MP website Charles simply placed the items as a complete package on his website, some of the parts are already being made like the tensioner spring and crank and not nessesary to get the buy going.

You can buy the JS and blower pulley w/o the crank pulley. That was stated in the first post here and also on MP website. Buying the crank pulley has always been optional.

The tensioners and belts that are being thrown in are simply incentives to get you to buy now. They will not be included after the group buy is over.

V6Sprout
03-01-2007, 09:03 PM
exactly, with the tensioners and belt included it makes this an AWESOME BUY! The springs alone are $40 plus the belt you getting at least a $50 bonus if not more. Can't beat that.

fastang
03-03-2007, 01:07 AM
agreeed, i lookeed at the price and added things up only to see it's a great deal no matter how you look at it.

Sampo
03-03-2007, 10:52 AM
I just paid $250 for the pulley kit...:cool:

ricardoa1
03-08-2007, 01:50 PM
Are we there yet

BirdofPrey97
03-08-2007, 08:06 PM
Charles emailed me that March 20th was the planned release date, but who knows?!?!? I hope it is!!!

pablon2
03-09-2007, 03:49 PM
Charles emailed me that March 20th was the planned release date, but who knows?!?!? I hope it is!!!

Ehhhhxcellent! :D

XxSlowpokexX
03-09-2007, 04:22 PM
DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUH me haha

nickleman60
03-11-2007, 03:19 PM

i was wondering when the new products were going to be sent out, i purchased a mpx case and plenum plus i put the deposit down on the 25% overdrive kit.:confused:

pablon2
03-11-2007, 09:50 PM
GOOD things come to those who wait. :)

BirdofPrey97
03-11-2007, 11:21 PM
GOOD things come to those who wait. :) Like death. Just wait it will happen. :p

lilredstang
03-22-2007, 10:00 AM
Any updates???

pablon2
03-22-2007, 10:06 AM
Any updates???

Because you were the first to ask, you no longer get them. :D I would expect by month's end.

ricardoa1
03-22-2007, 10:36 AM
I believe he has enough people. Last time I contacted him I had him ship my tensioner spring first and he said he had enough ppl

Roadhawg
03-22-2007, 11:36 AM
i was wondering when the new products were going to be sent out, i purchased a mpx case and plenum plus i put the deposit down on the 25% overdrive kit.:confused:

Hey Keith,

Did you get your MPX case and plenum yet?
or is being shipped with the 25% overdrive kit, when ever that will be.

JT93SC
03-22-2007, 12:46 PM
I contacted Charles today to see how things are progressing and here's his reply.

<em>"I received the first SC/JS set yesterday and checked them out, all
looks good so I gave them the go ahead to machine the rest, then off
to anodizing."</em>

I asked him if I would have my pulleys by mid-April and he didn't see a problem with that!!

JT

nickleman60
03-22-2007, 03:18 PM
Hey Keith,

Did you get your MPX case and plenum yet?
or is being shipped with the 25% overdrive kit, when ever that will be.

i called him last night and left a message and he called back and left me a message saying the pulley kit were going to start being machined today and the blower cases by monday.

rzimmerl
03-25-2007, 12:19 PM
latest update straight from MP website

http://www.magnumpowers.com/thunder_pro_pri.php

These Pulleys are being machined 03/22/07 and will go for anodizing 03/26/07, expected to be ready to ship by 03/26/07. This shopping cart will be changed to final payment for people who have placed deposits when the pulleys are ready to ship.

pablon2
03-26-2007, 09:11 AM
i called him last night and left a message and he called back and left me a message saying the pulley kit were going to start being machined today and the blower cases by monday.

So hopefully the cases ship by 4/2/07. Then again, what do I care, I have jury duty beginning 4/4/07. :cool:

nickleman60
03-29-2007, 03:11 PM
anybody heard anything in the last few days? i'm getting anxious for my new blower and overdrive kit.:D

SRT-4
03-29-2007, 03:14 PM
anybody heard anything in the last few days? i'm getting anxious for my new blower and overdrive kit.:D

No :mad: The shop is ready to sell my SC for scrap

V6Sprout
03-29-2007, 03:40 PM
don't worry its well worth the wait.:D

Sampo
03-29-2007, 05:14 PM
Have you guys already paid another $250?

I just wonder because I haven't so...:confused:

When they should be ready..!?!

V6Sprout
03-29-2007, 06:03 PM
I believe there will be a link on mp website to pay the remaining half of the total when they are ready to ship, once you pay the remaining half they will ship, I believe thats what was said.

nickleman60
03-29-2007, 06:12 PM
I believe there will be a link on mp website to pay the remaining half of the total when they are ready to ship, once you pay the remaining half they will ship, I believe thats what was said.

yeah i read that too but the mpx case i bought is paid in full.

BirdofPrey97
03-29-2007, 07:42 PM
My email states he is going to charge the same account when it is ready to ship. In my case it's a credit card.

Mike8675309
03-29-2007, 08:49 PM
This is the thread for the pullies, not the blower.

The MPX blower is a different thread. If you did paypal, you'll have to do it again when the button shows up on the website.

pablon2
04-07-2007, 07:33 PM
I spoke with Charles this evening and he asked me to update everyone because his computer is being serviced. The pullies are finished and the MP website will be ready to accept final payments early next week. :)

BirdofPrey97
04-07-2007, 11:59 PM
I spoke with Charles this evening and he asked me to update everyone because his computer is being serviced. The pullies are finished and the MP website will be ready to accept final payments early next week. :)

Bit confused. My email from the first deposit states the that last half will be charged to the same account used to make the first half purchase automatically. So, is this no longer true and we need to make arrangements to pay the 2nd half?

BLOWN38
04-09-2007, 10:38 AM
just sent my payment!

lilredstang
04-09-2007, 10:48 AM
Just spoke with Charles and my kit should be shipping out today! :D :D

rzimmerl
04-09-2007, 11:27 AM
final payment is sent, can't wait to put these on this weekend.

pablon2
04-09-2007, 01:17 PM
Okay guys this is straight from the horse's mouth, it is highly possible that the 10% OD SC pulley will rub the longest vanes on the snout. Charles recommends lightly sanding down the two longest vanes to a rise of only about 1/8" from the snout. The area to be sanded obviously is just the front inch or so of vane. Some may prefer to do this once they have the pulley in hand, but others might want to get this work done ahead of time so they can just install the pulley and let 'er rip. I'd hate to see someone install the pulley 75% of the way and realize they need to remove it and sand the vane(s). That would be annoying. :)

rzimmerl
04-09-2007, 01:23 PM
I thought we were getting a 10&#37; JS pulley and a 5%SC pulley? Did you mean the 10 rib not 10%OD SC pulley will rub?

pablon2
04-09-2007, 01:25 PM
I thought we were getting a 10&#37; JS pulley and a 5%SC pulley? Did you mean the 10 rib not 10%OD SC pulley will rub?

My apologies, I meant the SC pulley which is a 5% OD, not 10% as I stated. My bad. Pic added above.

Sampo
04-09-2007, 02:04 PM
Just sent the remaining money...:cool:

ricardoa1
04-09-2007, 02:09 PM
Off topic
What would happen if I OD a 89-93 blower and inlet 15%. I sold my Sport and I am thinking of putting this pulley combo on an early blower.

XR7 Dave
04-09-2007, 02:13 PM
Sent in my money as well. :D

ufdb
04-09-2007, 06:05 PM
Okay guys this is straight from the horse's mouth, it is highly possible that the 10&#37; OD SC pulley will rub the longest vanes on the snout. Charles recommends lightly sanding down the two longest vanes to a rise of only about 1/8" from the snout. The area to be sanded obviously is just the front inch or so of vane. Some may prefer to do this once they have the pulley in hand, but others might want to get this work done ahead of time so they can just install the pulley and let 'er rip. I'd hate to see someone install the pulley 75% of the way and realize they need to remove it and sand the vane(s). That would be annoying. :)

Are you posative?

I received an e-mail from Charles stating where to pay the remaining money, but it said nothing about any problems with the parts rubbing.

ricardoa1
04-09-2007, 06:29 PM
Looks like a simple fix anyways.

pablon2
04-09-2007, 06:37 PM
Are you posative?

I received an e-mail from Charles stating where to pay the remaining money, but it said nothing about any problems with the parts rubbing.

Yes I am "posative". Be advised though that the vane issue may not apply to all M90 years. If you have doubts, perhaps you'd feel more comfortable speaking directly with Charles. He had asked me to let everyone know this might be an issue, so I did.

pablon2
04-09-2007, 06:42 PM
Off topic
What would happen if I OD a 89-93 blower and inlet 15%. I sold my Sport and I am thinking of putting this pulley combo on an early blower.

I imagine your ACT would increase. My understanding is early style blowers don't like to be overdriven much beyond 5%.

BirdofPrey97
04-09-2007, 06:44 PM
Final payment sent. That damn Paul doesn't even know how to start these cars. ;) :p :D

pablon2
04-09-2007, 06:58 PM
Final payment sent. That damn Paul doesn't even know how to start these cars. ;) :p :D

Not my fault Art Carr gave me a crappy neutral safety switch on my AOD. :D

ufdb
04-09-2007, 09:39 PM
Yes I am "posative". Be advised though that the vane issue may not apply to all M90 years. If you have doubts, perhaps you'd feel more comfortable speaking directly with Charles. He had asked me to let everyone know this might be an issue, so I did.

Pablon,
Didnt mean anything by that at all, I appreciate the heads up.

I did get an e-mail from Charles, and I figured I'd post his exact instructions for anyone who needs every little thing spelled out for them (like myself, LOL)

"There are 6 ribs that run from the back of the snout to the front where
the pulley is. We noticed on one snout housing the rib where it fades
away at the front were the pulley is interfered with the pulley for
about 1/8". So, I thought it would be a good idea to tell people about
it so they could remove the last little bit of the rib before installing
the pulley. While the pulley is off measure back from the very front of
the snout housing 1/2", you will see that some ribs may be forward of
the 1/2" mark by about 1/8". Simply file the very end of any rib that is
further forward then the 1/2" mark and you will be fine. It will only
take 5 minuets or so to mod."

I cant wait to test these out. Almost better than christmas as a kid...

BirdofPrey97
04-09-2007, 10:14 PM
Not my fault Art Carr gave me a crappy neutral safety switch on my AOD. :D

LOL I forgot all about that. :D

PS, went and bought some garlic tonight. Getting the string ready. ;)

rzimmerl
04-17-2007, 06:01 PM
Got my pulley set today, and was wondering who's got theirs installed?

nickleman60
04-17-2007, 06:30 PM
DAMN, Where's mine? and a mpx case?

rzimmerl
04-17-2007, 06:44 PM
Reason I was asking is about the press fit for the SC pulley. The SC shaft OD is .640" and the pulley ID is .634", it doesn't go on and I don't want to smack it with a hammer. Maybe needs reamed or a hone gone through it

Also you will be recieving a 12 rib belt in your kit, you have to take a sharp knife and cut off 2 of the ribs.

nickleman60
04-17-2007, 06:52 PM
Reason I was asking is about the press fit for the SC pulley. The SC shaft OD is .640" and the pulley ID is .630", it doesn't go on and I don't want to smack it with a hammer. Maybe needs reamed or a hone gone through it

Also you will be recieving a 12 rib belt in your kit, you have to take a sharp knife and cut off 2 of the ribs.

that sounds like a bunch of crap, for $500 it better be the proper diameter or somebody paying (not me) to have it machined, plus you have to cut 2 ribs off of the belt? for what we're paying that should already be done!!:confused:

rzimmerl
04-17-2007, 07:06 PM
I talked to Charles earlier today about the belt before I knew about the pulley. He said that they don't make a 10 rib in this size except maybe from Gates direct. I'll post a pic in a while of the kit.

pablon2
04-17-2007, 07:47 PM
I cut the two ribs off mine. Took <5 mins.

XR7 Dave
04-17-2007, 08:11 PM
The reason that the pulley doesn't just "go on" is that they are machined to the proper press fit and then sent out for hard annodizing. The annodizing has a build that is hard to predict. The resulting finish (unlike any other pulley you can buy) is extremely hard and isn't easily machined. To keep costs reasonable, the pulley is shipped as is. Your best installation practice would be to heat the pulley to about 200 deg and then install it on a cold shaft.

I haven't tried this process with mine yet as I don't have a blower to put it on but it doesn't seem to me that it should be difficult to get the pulley on correctly.

I was noticing that the shoulder on the blower pulley is really sharp. I'm thinking maybe you could just install the 12 rib belt and then start the motor. It should zip that baby right off. :D Just kidding. I wouldn't want to risk wasting a $30 belt. Razor it is. :)

BirdofPrey97
04-17-2007, 08:18 PM
That's what I did. Put the pulley in the oven at about 250 degrees for 20mins and had the blower sit in the freezer for about the same amount of time. Went together without any reall issues. Then, I took it back apart and put my other pulleys back on because I don't feel the stock idle pulley is wide enough to run the 10 rib belt, but that is just my opinion. Going to get wider idler pulley then put it all back together.

rzimmerl
04-17-2007, 08:23 PM
I knew they were press fit was just unsure on the tolerance. The oven and freezer bit was my next step, just have to find some room in the freezer.

Mike8675309
04-17-2007, 08:36 PM
<incorrect math removed>

I'd heat the pulley in an oven to 250 for a good 30-45 minutes and then press it onto the shaft. You won't want to get much hotter or you could get some phase change in the aluminum.

XR7 Dave
04-17-2007, 08:37 PM
Stock width tensioner pulleys will work fine, I've been running them for some time now. If you have the popular but narrower steel pulleys then no, they won't work. You can get wide steel tensioners, I think they are for the SuperDuty trucks.

XR7 Dave
04-17-2007, 08:52 PM
I'd say those dimensions are pretty spot on. Hard anodizing, depending on the base material usually gives you about .020" hard surface, which ends up being .010 below and .010 above.

Thus the ID would change by .020" So the pulley likely started at .654 and the anodizing was used to make up the fit.

I don't think that's quite right. Based on what I've read I understand hard anodizing is typically less than .005" thick.

I believe the pulleys were made for a .001-.002" interference fit and the anodizing dropped that to .005-.006".

Car2n
04-17-2007, 09:11 PM
In regards to the tensioner pulley width, I'd like to know how wide a 10 rib belt measures.

V6Sprout
04-17-2007, 09:16 PM
Paul I bought steel tensioners from CTC and they seem wider thenteh stock plastic ones, I'll have to double check though but I think they are wider then stock. Not sur eon the width of the belt though since mine are not here yet.

BirdofPrey97
04-17-2007, 09:32 PM
Stock width tensioner pulleys will work fine, I've been running them for some time now. If you have the popular but narrower steel pulleys then no, they won't work. You can get wide steel tensioners, I think they are for the SuperDuty trucks.

Yes, they are off the SD's. Can be found cheap as well.

rzimmerl
04-17-2007, 10:33 PM
Put the pulley in the oven for about 20-25 mins at 200, slid over halfway on and then ran the nut down with no problems.

I have Dayco 89016 idler pulleys on now and they are just as wide as the 10 rib belt which is about 1.25" wide.

Mike8675309
04-18-2007, 08:03 AM
I don't think that's quite right. Based on what I've read I understand hard anodizing is typically less than .005" thick.

I believe the pulleys were made for a .001-.002" interference fit and the anodizing dropped that to .005-.006".

Sorry... my numbers were in mm. I mis-labeled them. I got confused by my reference.

Sampo
04-18-2007, 10:46 AM
Put the pulley in the oven for about 20-25 mins at 200, slid over halfway on and then ran the nut down with no problems.

I have Dayco 89016 idler pulleys on now and they are just as wide as the 10 rib belt which is about 1.25" wide.

And it works fine with that idler pulley..?

Where to get them? Rock Auto?

Mike8675309
04-18-2007, 10:35 PM
And it works fine with that idler pulley..?

Where to get them? Rock Auto?

Punch that number into the parts search for rockauto and you can get them there. $14 bucks which is a hell of a deal since my local parts stores take $26 out of my pocket for each one.

ricardoa1
04-19-2007, 10:44 AM
Advance auto wants $23. I got mine yesterday.
Autozone has them but with a longer part # that ends in 106. They are Duralast, but dyco makes them anyways.

ufdb
05-28-2007, 08:36 PM
Is anyone else still waiting on their pulley set to arrive?

SCaddict
05-29-2007, 12:43 AM
I am still waiting.

Sampo
05-29-2007, 09:25 AM
Me too...:eek:

Mike8675309
05-29-2007, 08:54 PM
Pretty much anyone that hasn't received them yet is waiting for them...Sounded better in my head than typed.

I'm still waiting, but not in a hurry.

pablon2
05-29-2007, 09:31 PM
I'm not saying the MPx or the OD kit had anything to do with this.....but, as some know, I have the MPx and the 25&#37; OD kit. After about 25 miles the MPx started rattling. I tore the snout off to find the new 'super special solid moly coupler' Wynn used to sell had disintegrated. :eek: Replacing it with a solid green one from ebay. Keep an eye out for any weird sounds...may not be a snout bearing like many suspect initially.

lilredstang
05-31-2007, 12:37 AM
I'm still waiting too.:(

RedFox
06-01-2007, 12:31 PM
I'm new to SC modding.

What is the difference between the 15 and 25% kits and what price are they?

rzimmerl
06-01-2007, 12:36 PM
I'm new to SC modding.

What is the difference between the 15 and 25% kits and what price are they?

Refer to page 1, all the details are listed.

Sampo
06-04-2007, 04:15 AM
I got mine...

XR7 Dave
06-12-2007, 08:56 PM
If anyone is still waiting on the pulleys please post. I talked to Charles and he said as far as he knows everyone's pulleys from this group buy shipped over a week ago so everyone should have them.

Technical update: It has come to my attention that the upper blower tensioner needs to be re-clocked to provide proper travel as the belt stretches. During each WOT run past 4500rpm the belt will stretch (this is normal) to the point where the tensioner releases and you will have massive belt slip. On the original setup I guess we had already clocked the tensioner so we didn't notice this but I have noticed it on every car I've tuned since this pulley set came out. Check your upper tensioner and make sure that the limiter is setting in the middle of the adjustment window. If it is at or near the end of the opening then you must clock the tensioner for more travel.

So far the most boost we've seen is 20.5psi on an internally stock SC. No, the motor didn't blow and in fact the car is deadly quick. It did require significant tuning in the form of timing retard so if you are contemplating running the full meal deal on a stock motor, be prepared for some tuning.

:D

Mike8675309
06-12-2007, 10:48 PM
Never received them. I'll give him a call tomorrow to see what's up.

SCaddict
06-13-2007, 01:18 AM
I am still waiting to.

Marty

XR7 Dave
06-13-2007, 09:10 AM
Do not wait any longer. Make sure Charles knows that you haven't gotten them yet.

SCaddict
06-13-2007, 01:42 PM
Do not wait any longer. Make sure Charles knows that you haven't gotten them yet.

I let charles know a while ago and there was a bit of a mix up but they are in the mail now. I hope I don't get any belt slip with the new pulleys. I have not seen any with my current setup at 19psi so I hope I am OK.

Marty

XR7 Dave
06-13-2007, 01:48 PM
The belt slip is not a problem of the pulley system itself, it's a problem relating to the length of the belt. There are no other belt lengths made, so we have to work with what we can get and that means you will have to re-clock your tensioner.

8 rib belts are available in 39.0, 39.2, 39.3, and 40.0" lengths. There are no 10 rib belts available anywhere near those lengths so what you get in the pulley kit is a 12 rib, 40.0" belt that you have to trim down to work. As you can see the 40.0" belt is the longest of all SC belts and therefore requires adjustment to the tensioner to work without exceeding the available spring travel.

Hope that makes sense. :)

lilredstang
06-13-2007, 02:00 PM
I am still waiting too!!!!!!!!!!!! I didnt get an answer when I called.

BLOWN38
06-13-2007, 03:06 PM
Technical update: It has come to my attention that the upper blower tensioner needs to be re-clocked to provide proper travel as the belt stretches. During each WOT run past 4500rpm the belt will stretch (this is normal) to the point where the tensioner releases and you will have massive belt slip. On the original setup I guess we had already clocked the tensioner so we didn't notice this but I have noticed it on every car I've tuned since this pulley set came out. Check your upper tensioner and make sure that the limiter is setting in the middle of the adjustment window. If it is at or near the end of the opening then you must clock the tensioner for more travel.

:D

I think this happened to me over the weekend at pinks. I looked down at the boost gauge at the end of the run and it just started to drop from 16 down to 11. I have my tensioner clocked already but may need a little more. Plus it was 100 degrees that day so im sure that made the belt a little more plyable.

pablon2
06-13-2007, 04:13 PM
Please explain the "clocking" process for those that don't know or think they know, but really don't. :D

lilredstang
06-13-2007, 04:20 PM
OK I talked with Charles a few minutes ago. I was told that he has ran out of the crank pullies AGAIN. He said he could ship everything but the crank pulley if I wanted. I said "yes please do", so we will see. I dont even think the custom pistons took this long:rolleyes: Hope it is worth the wait!!!

BLOWN38
06-13-2007, 04:42 PM
Please explain the "clocking" process for those that don't know or think they know, but really don't. :D

Knock the nipples, yeah i said nipples, off the back of the tensioner then you can turn the tensioner counterclockwise a little to compensate for the longer belt. kinda a trial and error to set it the first time then may need to adjust it after awhile to compensate for belt stretch.

Mike8675309
06-15-2007, 12:39 PM
Hmm,

I emailed Charles and got an e-mail back a short time ago. my order will go out today it says. weird if he's short stuff.

XR7 Dave
06-15-2007, 07:03 PM
Charles has had an amazing number of issues with getting these pulleys to market. However, in the end I feel that the trouble is worth it. I have asked him to continue to produce them as I feel that this pulley kit will be part of the answer to the HP needs of this community. Hopefully soon these will be an off-the-shelf item.

SCaddict
06-20-2007, 02:16 AM
Will knocking off the nipples cause the tensioner to move at all?

pablon2
06-20-2007, 07:42 AM
Will knocking off the nipples cause the tensioner to move at all?

If those nipples are knocked off then we'll have to torque the tensioners to more than the recommended 50ftlbs. I am gonna try 75-80lbs.

XR7 Dave
06-20-2007, 08:26 AM
I don't think knocking nipples will cause tensioners to turn but I prefer to drill a new hole instead.

Mike8675309
06-21-2007, 09:13 PM
Received my parts today. I'm really excited to get this car together and give them a shot. Unfortunately I'll probably have to bug Dave a few times soon as I need to get the snow system plumbed.

They look good and as always, I continue to be thankful that there are groups out there willing to invest their time and talents with a vehicle I continue to enjoy.

lilredstang
06-25-2007, 12:56 AM
Well it looks like Charles is having some pretty bad luck, but he is trying. I arrived home friday, and along with a complete magnaflow system for my borthers stang, there was another box on the door step.:confused: I took a closer look and it was from Magnum Powers and it was the kit minus the crank pulley that he said he was out of at the time.

Pablo94SC
06-25-2007, 08:23 PM
Has Charles decided to make these an off the shelf part? I'd really like to get a 10% jackshaft pulley, and maybe a new 5% for the blower if these are ten rib set ups. Don't need a crank pulley... I'm happy with my March UDs.

Jimmy 2Coupes
06-30-2007, 11:51 AM
Has Charles decided to make these an off the shelf part? I'd really like to get a 10% jackshaft pulley, and maybe a new 5% for the blower if these are ten rib set ups. Don't need a crank pulley... I'm happy with my March UDs.

Me to accept in my case it's ASP UDs.

rzimmerl
06-30-2007, 12:20 PM
I wonder if Charles would be interested in making a stock size crank pulley, so we could take advantage of the 8 rib JS pulley?

ricardoa1
07-01-2007, 10:04 AM
I wonder if Charles would be interested in making a stock size crank pulley, so we could take advantage of the 8 rib JS pulley?

I think the Smaller crank pulley has the same ribs as out stocker/

rzimmerl
07-01-2007, 10:33 AM
I think the Smaller crank pulley has the same ribs as out stocker

According to what I can recall the MP 10&#37; crank pulley has configuration for 8 ribs, and so does the crank belt side of the JS pulley from the 15% kit. See the first post made by Dave.

Mike8675309
07-10-2007, 09:12 PM
Pully's installed. Not running yet.. but soon.

BirdofPrey97
07-10-2007, 09:57 PM
Drill bits.........somebody is installing a snow kit. Looking good Mike!