Anyone buy/use the SCP longblock??

A1cntrler

Has anyone on here bought or known anyone who has used the long block available from SCP?? The price seems fair for a long block, but I have not been looking for too long.. The downside to this is that modifications are not allowed as they void the 100k mi warranty.. All I would add to it though would be the ARP head bolts and maybe some roller rockers. Otherwise it would remain stock... I guess I could wait and put those things on until after the warranty is up. Has anyone that bought used the warranty?? How does it work?? It is on page 2 of the engine section at the top.

http://supercoupeperformance.com/partBrowser.aspx?category=18

Last edited:
It's all in the fine print:
"The manufacturer does realize that many owners may add performance intake, exhaust, supercharger, and intercooling upgrades to their cars and these simple bolt items are permissable by the owner and will not affect the warranty."

I'm sure changing teh bolts for studs would affect warrenty however....Mayeb you can call them and see if the manufacturer will do that for you before delivery

I saw that part, but it also specefically says Head porting, camshaft changes, ARP fastener upgrades, or any internal engine change is not offered as they may compromise the generous warranty offered on these engines. I sent an e-mail to see exactly what they consider the ARP upgrades...

Just my .02

I just got my longblock from S&S Rebuilt Engines and Im very happy comes with a 7year 100000 mile warranty and Andy at S&S says that they can do all the porting,polishing,cam and what not with same warranty. I got the same engine SCP sells for about $350.00 cheaper,better warranty.And still kept my core. I did look into S&S and they have been in buisness for 45 years. Searched the web for about 2 hours and this was the best deal.

Updates?

Badfreakinbird, any news on your new motor? Anyone have any comments on the original question asking about the motor from SCP?
Thanks.

Last edited:
S&S rebuilt motor

I have no complaints about the engine works great and has a better warranty than the SCP engine. about $300 cheaper and I still have my core which is rebuildable but I didnt have the time. Customer service is great and from the conversation I had with them they would put in Cams and do head work for an additional cost and He said warranty would still stand ,But I just went with the stock which uses better parts than the original stock engine Felpro gaskets better rings Etc. Fast shipping $175 to nearest dock. Very happy with the Longblock.

I spoke with them today (S&S) and they quoted me $250-300 for port/polish on the heads, and $150 for a balance on the motor. I'm calling back tomorrow to see where the local drop off point is for me, and how to do the core exchange... Sounds like a pretty good place to me, and they use quality parts and building methods.

Back