Front Stabilizer Bar Bushings??

dklitzke

I am about to do a major tuneup on my ole '95 SC, plugs, wires, 02 sensors, turn the cross-drilled rotors, new KVR pads, remove a header to fix EGR tube crack/leak, and hopefully replace the front stabilizer bushings which at 182k, have pretty much rotted away. Oh, and swap out the SC for a low mileage one I took off my other car. But the one job I am a little anxious about is the stabilizer bushings on the front suspension. I have a full set of MN-12 polyurthane bushings, and all I want to do for now is just replace those particular ones, so it won't have the altheimer's shakes when I put on the brakes. How hard a job is it to remove the stabilizer bar and replace it with new bushings? Any tips will be greatly appreciated.

BTW, I was away from this site for awhile, but am pleasantly suprized at all the great activity, like new parts development (heads, SS brakelines, etc), all those those posts about being into these cars for the long haul, me included ;-) Speaking of those SS brakelines, anybody installed theirs yet? Direct bolt-on?? Thanks

Don

Prospect TN

Back