Slave cylinder

XxSlowpokexX

I thought I poste dthis but I lost teh topic!...

Any advice as to what slave to get for my 5 speed bird?..Is there a bette rone?..Has anyone upgraded?...WHat to stay away from?

Any help is appreciated!

Damon

I bought mine from Bill Evanoff. I don't think there are a whole lot of options. The one he sells looks to be pretty high quality. As long as the bearing is not worn out, the spring is not collapsed and it doesn't leak, I am a happy man. Thats a lot to ask of just one piece of equipment

Last edited:
I just got mine from the local parts store. Since the bearing rides on the cylinder, I've replaced it each time the trans has been out. After 50k miles or so the bearing starts to wear the sleeve on the cylinder and stick.

The only advice I have is to get the right tool/process to remove the line. Otherwise, you'll fight with it for hours then, in frustration, snap the fitting off the slave to get it out. I vaguely recall using my fuel injection release tools to get the line off... but don't quote me on that one.

Oh... and good luck bleeding it out. Hope you have a helper to trade the pumping the pedal/braking loose the bleeder duties. Took about 900,000 pumps of the pedal to bleed mine last time.

when mine went out i went to luc clutches and got a new clutch and a t/o bearing, slave and the alignment tool for like 260 shipped to me, good way to go haven't had any problems with it and have put 15k on it since

cody

Back