ABS QUESTION (kind of long)

92sclikenew

ok today i got to test it in the snow. ok so if i slam on the brake peadle or hit it lightly , my abs comes on for a good 2-3secs and then quits while still sliding and then the abs and i think also the brake light (one if you pull you ebrake) comes on. car stops fine just i dont wanna smash it thinking the abs is going to work and it fails. is this just a acummalater ball prob i know my fuilds not low it was :eek: very low:eek: dont know how:eek: but owell ~~~~z happen:rolleyes: .could i just have air in my system i didnt bleed the brakes after seeing how low it was but i did pump the crap out of it and now they work like a champ better then ever. just now the abs prob that i can now explain better when the car will pull a full slid with brakes on

yes, it sounds like at a minimum, your accumulator is no longer able to hold a full charge. This would also account for the increase in brake fluid capacity. Without the accumulator holding the pressure from the pump, the pump is not able to keep up with the need for brake modulation.

Snowing in Dallas

Took the red car to the office today (the heater works!) and tested the brakes... ABS functioned perfectly with the new accumulator. :D :cool: I have a set of new Daytona tires that I picked up on ebay on the car. For an off brand tire, they worked pretty well also. :)

Back