Tranny Problem Help!

Turbong2001

95 SC Auto: Slips or fake shifts in OD into D I was told the MLPS "Manual Lever Position Sensor" Is bad. But then was told it is the Prindale switch. And yet a third person said that both of those are the same thing and yes it could be bad. Can anyone clear this up for me? 1-2-3 shifts good while normal driving, OD seems to slip into D for a split second then back to OD. I did notice that once the car seemed to fake shift once when i got on it but it could have been a fluke..... HELP!!! PLEASE!!:eek:

The MLPS in that era were prone to getting moisture inside them and would then fail causing the problem you are having. I am not sure how much a new one is but maybe try to get a cheapo at the junk yard and swap it first to see if that is actually your problem.

You will also find out that the 1-2 accumulator spring is prone to breaking...

Dayton Ohio TA all!

"You will also find out that the 1-2 accumulator spring is prone to breaking"

Were is it on/in tranny and what's its purpose?

The 1-2 accumulator is for 1-2 shift feel, it's not your problem. Change the mlps if that doesn't fix it your od band is fried. New merconV and the large od servo would help but if the band is gone it still won't last long.
Alan

Like Alan said the 1-2 accum spring is not your problem, I just mentioned it becuase I have seen more than a few of them break and that one day you will have to change it. Basically if you do start having a problem with the 1-2 shift that will most likely be it.

BTW if you ever need your trans rebuilt send it to Alan as he is a expert on auto transmissions...

Back