Recommended OD for MP2?

rzimmerl

What is the recommended OD for an MP2? Didn't have the funding this year to go all out for a set of Dave's magic heads and cam. So I will be installing stock valve ported heads with matching intake this spring, with the stock cam, Comp 942 springs, and Scorpion 1.73 RR's (I know they aren't worth the money but for $75 couldn't pass them up). A 3 angle vavle job will also be done, getting all the machine work done for $200. Also will be getting 50lb injectors. See my member page for the rest of my mods. I currently have a 5% JS and 5%SC pulleys, and getting belt slip on the 94 blower with the MP springs. I have been pondering the idea of getting the MP JS and SC pulley kit GP they are offering, which will give me 15%.

Last edited:
15% is ideal for that blower. I think that it would be a wise move to get the MP pulley kit. That way the only place that might slip would be the crank pulley which is the biggest one with the most surface area and lowest speed making it the least likely of all the belt surfaces to slip in the first place. I hadn't thought of people with stage 1-2 blowers using these pulleys but that is a great idea.

Back