PDA

View Full Version : Any Annie owners looking for a stripe??

A1cntrler
01-17-2007, 12:53 PM
I have a friend that is going to be making me a new stripe for my anniversary. He has all the mesaurements and the taper dimentions and will be making one for me, and I was wondering if anyone else would be interested in a new stripe?? It will be on 3M vinyl and great quality. Would anyone else be interested?? I know this is way hard to find from Ford. I'm sure someone somewhere still has a NOS stripe kit, but good luck finding it! If there is interest I'll ask him about making more.

quick35th
01-17-2007, 01:41 PM
Depending on price I'd be interested in two sets. Just so you know the color of the 3M stripe kit is just a little brighter then the original stripe thats on the 35th Anny's from the factory. Also I believe that 3M stripe is a little bigger (not by very much though) then the original stuff too. But still the 3M stuff does not look bad at all so deffinately go with it.

Shane

shadow357x2
01-17-2007, 01:53 PM
As stated above I would also be interested in 2 sets myself maybe even a 3rd for backup, depending on the price.

S

A1cntrler
01-17-2007, 02:59 PM
When I asked him if he could do it I sent along the link from the 35th registry website and he got the measurements/dimentions off of there. It would be the 3M blue color which like you said is close enough... I will find out how much these will run and ask him about making more than one. The price may be cheaper if he does them this way...

Steve Richards
01-17-2007, 07:47 PM
I may be interested in 2 sets.

A1cntrler
01-17-2007, 07:54 PM
You have a PM :)

Conan56
01-17-2007, 08:23 PM
Depends on pricing for me

Mike8675309
01-17-2007, 10:10 PM
Sign me up for a set for a car.

A1cntrler
01-17-2007, 10:39 PM
Wow. Lot more annie owners out there that need a stripe than I thought there would be.

I was trying to respond to everyone via PM, but I'll just post it here:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is the deal on them. 60 bucks a set shipped (L&R) His name is Robert and can be contacted here:

sales@webxtremes.com

Tell him that Larry told you about it. Here is the website for his business if you are interested:

www.webxtremes.com

Mike8675309
01-28-2007, 08:47 PM
I received my stripes just last week and they look good. A good set of instructions for applying them as well as a tool that helps apply good pressure when putting them on.

Won't have them on the car until I paint it late this year or early next year.

A1cntrler
03-07-2007, 05:34 PM
Anyone who got these stripes put them on yet?? I haven't put mine on yet. Kind of holding onto them until I able to get the car body work done/fresh paint job. I'd be interested in seeing how they turned out with regards to fit/finish... I know..old post but just wondering.

quick35th
03-07-2007, 05:44 PM
Can I still get a set or two? I never did get any when they were initually offered.

Shane

A1cntrler
03-07-2007, 06:52 PM
Yeah- Just use the same contact info as before earlier in this post.

quick35th
03-07-2007, 06:54 PM
Ok, thanks!

Shane

ricardoa1
10-28-2009, 06:39 PM
I am about to order these form the guy. Does the color match and size? Anyone install these yet? I want to know if I can get away with only doing one side or will I need to do both sides to have matching shades.

A1cntrler
10-28-2009, 09:50 PM
I never had an original stripe to compare it to. One of my Annies came with no stripe, and the other had been repainted at some point, so the stripe has been replaced before. I can however tell you that the kit was top notch. Included a tool for applying the stripe as well.

CaifanSC
10-29-2009, 01:39 PM
is this going to be a service that will be available in the future or a one-time thing? Perhaps a copy of this thread should be posted in the Restoration forum in the members-only area.

ricardoa1
10-29-2009, 01:44 PM
I got in touch with him and he still does it. Although i cannot get it for the $60 shipped he is asking. I wanted to know how good of a match it is before commiting he is awaiting my response. I think 35th website should bennefit from posting this info on the website. But I dont know who runs that site.

thirdbird
10-29-2009, 09:05 PM
the stripe on mine was replaced after wreck in 96 and they were applied crooked :(
I am taking them off, and painting the trim that same blue...

Steve Richards
10-30-2009, 01:06 PM
Vinyl fades over time. It seemed like a close match to what was on my other 35th but I don't know whether it was original.

The shape of the tips looks correct.

ricardoa1
12-02-2009, 12:46 PM
Did anyone install these from WX Signs, reason why I ask is that while installing them I noticed they were two right hand side sets supplied. I am now missing the left side. Im unsure if the gentleman forgot to invert the image to make a left and a right on mine or if he has been sending them out with this issue. I got it in a large 3M sheet so it was not until I cut them and layed them did I notice the problem. I would urge you to check. Ive contacted Robert at WX Signs on monday but I have not gotten a response. I hope he does not think Im just trying for another set after a screw up on my part. The car looks weird with one side stripped and not the other. :rolleyes:

Melon
12-02-2009, 01:07 PM
The stripes are side specific? I did not know that. I'll have to go out and look at mine now.

Other than getting 2 RH stripes, what do you think of them?

-Melon

ricardoa1
12-02-2009, 01:13 PM
The stripes are side specific? I did not know that. I'll have to go out and look at mine now.

Other than getting 2 RH stripes, what do you think of them?

-Melon

Excellent.....Color and size is great.

The door and bumper ones interhcange but the four or should I say eight that goes on the quarters and fenders are non interchangeble. Unless you cut the angle edge off, but then it would not be indentical to the factory ones at that point.

ricardoa1
12-02-2009, 02:12 PM
I got a response from Robert, he said he will take care of me.