what IC is best for our SC's ?

thunderkid84

sup guys, i've been reading up alot on FMIC and looked at alot of custom work from members. in one post i read that the "downflow" IC's will work better than a horizontal?? -flow. i dont see how thats true. the more area the IC has for cooling the better, right ?

i think i've narrowed down to 2 IC's -

http://cgi.ebay.com/24x12x3-INTERCO...ryZ72205QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/INTE...8QQihZ009QQcategoryZ33742QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

what do u guys think from experience ??

if i did it again i'd use one like the 2nd one you picked just for the ease of running the tubes, kinda expensive though, look for one similar but less expensive, are you deleting your ac?

if i did it again i'd use one like the 2nd one you picked just for the ease of running the tubes, kinda expensive though, look for one similar but less expensive, are you deleting your ac?

yes A/C has already been deleted so theres plenty of room.

how wide can you go on a fmic in a t-bird?

This is the one I am planning on getting soon.
http://www.xo2racing.com/cart/product_info.php?products_id=100004

thats the size i have in my link. its pretty big but it will fit. if ur a/c is deleted it will be easier to put in there. best thing to do is get a tape measure and see how much room u have to work with. then pick the IC u like best.

when looking at the length remember that you have to put 90 degree bends on the end so that's going to add at least 4" to each side so a 30" length will become 38" or so. if you have deleted your ac and removed your condensor get an i/c with the inlet/outlet on the same side and run both pipes through the hole left by removing the condensor,in front of the old i/c, a whole lot less piping and imo a cleaner look. like i said earlier i got greedy and put the biggest i/c i could fit between the frame rails, including the inlet and outlet,(search my threads) i cut the radiator framing and i centered it up on the rad support which gave me easy access to run my pipes on both sides of the radiator. the end product turned out bad-a s s but if i did it again i'd do it the other way, just my 2 cents.

Last edited:
thanks for the info nickelman, but what i wanna know is will the IC with inlet/outlet on both sides flow and cool just as good as the other one ?

With an Eaton due to the high outlet temps under boost you are better off with a longer run vs. a shorter run. A positive displacement blower is not affected by pressure drop nearly as much as say a turbo would be.

With an Eaton due to the high outlet temps under boost you are better off with a longer run vs. a shorter run. A positive displacement blower is not affected by pressure drop nearly as much as say a turbo would be.

longer run as in more surface area ? (i.e. my first link)

I shake my head in disapproval. Building it properly works better then rigging it any day.

Dave, what's your take on the MP FMIC v.s. a double IC? I think I like the FMIC better but am concerned about the extra heat due to the radiator being blocked and the position of the A/C condenser. I also prefer to keep my A/C since I live in the desert.

I guess I forgot that along with all the other things he's taught me. :rolleyes:
Why is that David? I buy stuff from them from time to time....

Dave,

Vecco has lots of negative feedback and instances of stiffing people on their purchases over at Turbomustangs.com, much like my pals at Forced Fab. They also bought a kit from B&G to copy and then sold it as thier own design.

David

Last edited:
Dave....you know darn well that Jason only gives that kind of info to his paying customers.

David

Actually, I give it out to people that aren't ~~~~~~~s for free as well. Notice I haven't told you or Dave anything yet? :D

Who are you again?
Sorry, my memory fails me about any sort of credentials you may, or most likey, may not have.

Don't have any credentials, don't mind me, I'm just some hick from the south. :D

Actually, I give it out to people that aren't ~~~~~~~s for free as well. Notice I haven't told you or Dave anything yet? :D

Don't have any credentials, don't mind me, I'm just some hick from the south. :D

Jason,

That's not true...you tell me how I'm doing stuff wrong all the time.

David

Who are you again?
Sorry, my memory fails me about any sort of credentials you may, or most likey, may not have.

i agree with you, 225 posts in 1 1/2 years and still not a member but he knows more than anyone else. he seems to be just a "gadfly" to me but what do i know i only own 3 sc's, all of them with mods to some degree. i think everyone here knows to "properly build" when fabricating something, some just do it better than others.

Back