Blown Block

bowez

Today my block blow out on cylinder #5 on the bottom cracking oil pan and blowing a chunk out of the block.

Found a few short blocks for about $900 and one for $150 (yard not sure if the motor is good, but are told it is). I'm leaning toward the cheap one and replace all bearings and gaskets. Where can I get a kit and about how much would I be looking at unless someone here has a block for sale for cheap?

I'd take a chance on the JY block. New gaskets and bearings and it will probably run a long time.

Well the $150 block was an N/A when I got out there (well thats what they told me).

I don't think this is viable but what are the odds that my current pistons are use able and the crank is salvageable? If I remember right those are the only two difference.

Well the $150 block was an N/A when I got out there (well thats what they told me).

I don't think this is viable but what are the odds that my current pistons are use able and the crank is salvageable? If I remember right those are the only two difference.

If the block is a supercoupe block, it will have "SC" in pretty big letters to prove so. The cranks on a n/a car are cast not steel like the sc's.

Find a sc block.

I have a spare bare block sitting here and will have another spare short block next week. not sure how I could ship it to you though?

Back