EGR Valve Replace!

89XR7TD

SCCoA Member
Does anyone have other ways of changing the egr valve without taking off the Inlet plenum and SC? Thanks

Remove the plastic cowl cover, rubber strip, and the throttle linkage to get room. I use a 10mm 1/4" drive socket with a flex handle rachet. You need the longest socket you can find. A deepwell maybe too long but try it. Just have to crank the rachet until the bolts comes out. The bolts are a couple of inches long. You'll have to unbolt the EGR tube at the bottom where it attaches to the manifold. If the metal bellows is broken and it probably is you'll have to repair it. It's no longer available.

Thanks!!!!!

Remove the plastic cowl cover, rubber strip, and the throttle linkage to get room. I use a 10mm 1/4" drive socket with a flex handle rachet. You need the longest socket you can find. A deepwell maybe too long but try it. Just have to crank the rachet until the bolts comes out. The bolts are a couple of inches long. You'll have to unbolt the EGR tube at the bottom where it attaches to the manifold. If the metal bellows is broken and it probably is you'll have to repair it. It's no longer available.

I will try that first!!!
Thanks for the tip and tool info, greatly appreciated!!!!

Tom

Back