PDA

View Full Version : Where are the New England SCers at?

mega_man_01103
01-20-2007, 10:29 PM
Not many posts in this chapter :( and Im wondering why. Is it because its the winter? :confused: The winter is the perfect time to work on the SC's. :o I mean come on, there are 6 states in New England. There has to be more than a handful of owners here. Just want to know who is on here and see wether we can put something together sometime. :cool:

Also, where to you guys tune your cars? :)

Raul

pnyklr
01-20-2007, 11:02 PM
I have to get up to springfield my friend has a garage across from the Big E and I got my car tuned near the Dunkin Donuts in Agawam at Cottons Performance

ZOOMBUGGY3
01-21-2007, 03:07 PM
Not many posts in this chapter :( and Im wondering why. Is it because its the winter? :confused: The winter is the perfect time to work on the SC's. :o I mean come on, there are 6 states in New England. There has to be more than a handful of owners here. Just want to know who is on here and see wether we can put something together sometime. :cool:

Raul

hey mega man did you ever find that sc that i told you about

Mikessupercoupe
01-21-2007, 03:31 PM
I'm In Rockland Mass. My Car Was Set Up And Tuned By Xr7 Dave In Ohio Well Worth The Trip. He's The Best. Imo

Mike

PETEp
01-21-2007, 03:50 PM
We have had a few meets the best one was in RI. I think Skip put that together, I went to the same cruise night for five years. A few SCs showed up but not many. The best way ( I think) is to find a weekly cruise and say I will be at the cruise on that night hope to see some SCs there. Then no one does a lot of work for nothing. If we had a SC car club, with people that had a lot of time to put meets together that would be one thing but we don't. I have and will continue to post on our web page cruises and car shows that I will be going to. There is a great one in Wallingford CT at a dyno shop they for the show let you dyno your car for free. The high school in Meriden CT had a burn out pit bring your gas mask and laugh your superchargers off I will post them hope to see some SC this summer!:cool:

White Lightning
01-24-2007, 09:37 PM
How ya been? long time no see, hey whatever happened to the Wally meets? they seem to have just went up in smoke? cheers and beers, Frank

PETEp
01-28-2007, 10:11 AM
Hi Frank, The wall-mart cruise I did love that place :rolleyes: What happened wall-mart moved to the old super K mart down the street. When they did they did not want to give the Ford club room to have up to 500 cars in there parking lot on Saturday night. They went back to the empty wall-mart parking lot for the rest of the year. Then the Ford club moved to Dino`s restaurant in North haven just one more exit down the road. I am sure its a great cruise but now its on Sunday night My sc was broke for a while and I did not go to any where last summer.This year I will post any cars shows I am going to like I always do maybe some SCs will show up :cool: Pete

MarcinR
02-02-2007, 06:06 PM
I sold my last SC back in 2002..If I don't get another one, can I bring my Stang? :)

PETEp
02-03-2007, 03:20 PM
:) I only go to cruises where everyone is welcome :)

MarcinR
02-04-2007, 01:58 AM
:) I only go to cruises where everyone is welcome :)

very good :D I may be getting back into the SC mode by the time season starts

SC Spyder
02-04-2007, 08:27 AM
Not sure if my car has enough SC to qualify.

I am in the process of installing an SC engine/trans in a replica of a Ferrari Spyder California.

Too cold to work on it now, hope to finish by summers end so meeting up is highly unlikely, bu tyou never know.

Any suggestions for Dyno tune in the NE area?

Doug

V8Supercoupe
02-04-2007, 11:09 PM
Im still alive, things in this chapter have slowed down a bit though. Not much goes on, so I suppose we're slightly dormant.

In the spring ans summer we normally hook up with some TCCOA guys.

supraslow
02-14-2007, 04:53 PM
ok well im new to the sc thing but by the time any meting come up i shouldve some work dont to the sc lol i hope but ide bedown for meetin up anywhere within reason close to newbedford ma so let me know

90SC_Crimson
02-25-2007, 01:33 PM
Right Now i would be working on my coupe in the cold in my driveway but i am stuck here @ work, but i am limited to what i can do because i spun a bearing and i am just waiting for my uncles, they are buying me a Jasper Crate engine for my Xmas present. So right now i am just waiting for that to fall through, that and to start saving so i can start spending. But I am all for meeting up and doing a cruise just as long as I dont have to make a 2.5 hour drive. But hey mike how long did it take you to get to XR7 Dave I may ask him to tune my car once Its operational again PM sometime i want to see your tbird im in Marshfield so its not like thats a hike for me.

superbirdx
09-02-2007, 09:12 AM

Raul

Kind of reviving an old thread here,but,I just joined recently.I live in southern Maine.I have a 1990 SC auto.It has a complete Magnum Powers induction.It's the MPII right now,but I have just ordered the MPX and all the pullies.The car is getting rebuilt(motor and trans)right now.So I probably won't have it out again til this coming spring.
As far as tuning mine was done awhile ago by Apten performance.They don't do T-Birds anymore(change of ownership).I have an EEC tuner ,but,it needs the "fix"that all of them like mine needs I guess the regulator overheats on the board.So I have the Apten chip in again.My new setup will be SCT racer package and I'm going to bring it to Dave Dalke.
Anyway wanted to say hi.

Mikessupercoupe
09-05-2007, 08:57 AM
Dave's The Best Imo. Have You Talked To Him About Tuning Your Car? He'll Be Doing Tunes The Day Before The Shootout This Year.

Mike

superbirdx
09-08-2007, 06:20 PM
Dave's The Best Imo. Have You Talked To Him About Tuning Your Car? He'll Be Doing Tunes The Day Before The Shootout This Year.

Mike
I.ve been corresponding with him via email.I won't be ready til next spring as my AOD died and I'm just going to do motor and trans rebuild this winter.I agree he seem's to be the one with the experience and that's where I'm going this spring.

Want2LearnTBIRD
09-08-2007, 07:14 PM
whats get your car tuned mean?
Is it an imortant thing to do?

superbirdx
09-08-2007, 07:44 PM
whats get your car tuned mean?
Is it an imortant thing to do?
Your car comes from the factory with a general runs decent ,all around tune.You can gain some performance by getting a custom tune.If your car is a 94-95 they can change shift characteristics as well.If you add performance enhancing mods you will need a computer tune to make the most of the mods.If you change injector size and mass airflow it will be very beneficial.If you go so far as to do cam and heads, blower upgrade you will need a good tune or your car won't survive.