EEC computer swap

thunderkid84

ive got an 89 5spd and ive removed the egr stuff while pulling my heads off. and in order for a CEL to not come up i need to get an EEC from a non-egr 5spd SC, correct ??

does it matter the year ? or should i keep it between 89-93 ??

thanks

You can get an EEC Tuner and "turn off" the EGR. Might be less trouble than an EEC change out given the pin-outs change through the years as well as the prgramming too.George Davenport swapped to a 93 EEC for his 89 SWB to get data logging capability and it was a PITA.

User friendly???? Matter of opinion and your understanding of tuning but there are folks around that know it well and can help. Yes it can be used...it is designed precisely for tuning the car after you make some of the more extreme modifications. For example...I run 50# injectors in my Coy Miller motor. If it were not for the EEC Tuner the car would not even start. A chip can be burned to do the same thing as well but the EEC Tuner was around before the chips became more prevalent and was at the time the only way to be able to tune DIY.

the thing that hangs on the back of the plenum ?

the reason why you have a CEL is because of the plug not being plugged into the EGR correct? If so you just put a resister in there and it will trick the computer into thinking its plugged in

Back