PDA

View Full Version : Replacement Carpet

WeinerK
01-21-2007, 05:59 PM
I'd like to replace the factory black carpet in my SC with a new one. This one is showing it's age and looks pretty beat. Where have you guys purchased replacement ones from? I see lots of junk on ebay, but I'd like to get something that fits factory.

Thomas A
01-21-2007, 06:44 PM
You might try finding some good used Mark VIII carpet. It fits awesome since it's an OEM product, and is nice and thick and soft. Much better quality then the majority of the after market stuff out there.

Thomas

Kevin Varnes
01-21-2007, 11:22 PM
From most of my research there only appears to be one company that makes most/all of the aftermarket carpet e.g. it is all the same stuff. I don't have any experience with any of the aftermarket T-Bird carpeting so I'll let others comment on that. Thomas, is the Mark VIII carpet that nicer late model carpeting that is softer and shorter than the regular cut pile found in the T-Birds and Cougars? I wish I knew specifically what that cut was called, but it seems to pop up in most late model higher end vehicles.

Thomas A
01-22-2007, 12:13 AM
Yes, or at least it is a variation of it. It is thicker and softer then what the MN12's received. It has more of a "fuzzy" feel to it.

Thomas

TORBORG
02-04-2007, 01:03 AM
JCWhitney has a good selection of carpet.

garsc
02-04-2007, 08:54 AM
Try Auto Custom Carpet they do reproductions of many models of cars and they look and fit as good as OEM. I have personally used thier carpets on a couple of dozen cars I have worked on with no problems. The last phone # I have for them is 1-800-352-8220

Gerry Rider
02-04-2007, 02:41 PM
I jst replaced the carpet in my '89 with "super plush cutpile carpet with a mass backing " from Motorsouth Carpet. It looks great and fits good, but wasn't cheap.