'swing down' amp tray?...

Kit Sullivan

The FSM says "Remove screw from relay tray under package shelf, allowing relay tray to swing down".
For the life of me, I can't figure out how to do this. Where is the screw? I see one on the driver's side end, but I can't see how that would allow it to 'swing down', considering the other end is bolted up too.

The FSM says "Remove screw from relay tray under package shelf, allowing relay tray to swing down".
For the life of me, I can't figure out how to do this. Where is the screw? I see one on the driver's side end, but I can't see how that would allow it to 'swing down', considering the other end is bolted up too.

Remove the fastener on the LH side, and pull down HARD on that end. There are spring steel clips that retain it to the underside of the package shelf sheet metal. The RH end of the tray stays put, and swings down on a living hinge molded in to the tray itself. When you put it back up, you have to "bump" it pretty hard over the spring steel clips to seat it back into place.

Good Luck,

JD

so THATS how it comes out... i tore mine all apart trying to take it out, now the arc computer just sits on the floor of the trunk.

so THATS how it comes out... i tore mine all apart trying to take it out, now the arc computer just sits on the floor of the trunk.

Should be a cheap pick at the salvage yards. I'd recommend getting it replaced so your modules don't get damaged.

JD

It's tough to get that fastener out. You have to turn it so the holes line up (about 90 degrees, I guess). I used a really long pair of needle-nose pliers. Then you can pull the center pin down and out, and the amp tray will swing down after that.

Back