c4 transmission

nastybird93sc

Hey guys,I was wondering.What would prevent me from using a stock c4 in my sc.I remember something about a problem about vacuum,but cant i just shift it myself when needed.I have my eye on the proper setup,(c4 with full manual, reverse shift pattern, transbrake,and a stall).But right now i dont have the cash for it and my uncle gave me a c4 that has just been rebuilt.Any input will be helpfull.Thanks,JOE:)

Try this site...

You might want to do a little reading at the "Ford Transmission Forum" site. There is a world of info, and some really smart tranny guys over there (some of them also hang out here at SCCoA and on TCCoA). I'm not sure if the C4 will match up with a 3.8, it might, I just don't know. Anyway, take a look at the site. http://www.network54.com/Forum/260730 (I hope this link is correct, it's blocked on my pc here at work....)

the c4 bolts up to the 3.8L fine.

if you get a manuel VB. then you control the shifts. soo it will work in a SC fine. you might need a longer DS or a DS spacer.

Kevin Leitam runs a C4 in his car and he's in the bottom 11's with it. Problem is you won't have overdrive, but if you can live with it you'll be fine. You need a longer driveshaft, and might have to fab a crossmember and mount not sure on that though.

Kevin Leitam runs a C4 in his car and he's in the bottom 11's with it. Problem is you won't have overdrive, but if you can live with it you'll be fine. You need a longer driveshaft, and might have to fab a crossmember and mount not sure on that though.

the drive shaft should work just fine, they are almost identical in length just the crossmember needs moved

Back