Inside Rear Tire Wear ????

Dahoopd

My tires on my SC were chunked really bad and worn on the inside of the rear. I know most of that is from stupid driving but my 95 LX is wearing on the inside also. Is there something I need to look at other than alignment.

What causes that? Thanks for the help.

Well alignment would be the very first thing I would check. After that would be wheel balance and shock condition-these are all common things, I don't know if wheel bearings and/or halfshaft condition could contribute on these cars, someone that has been in MN12's longer than I have could answer that better.

Nick

I'd lean towards alignment from what I've heard most people don't realize that you can actually adjust the back tires on our cars so they don't get straightened when being aligned

Check your bushings on your rear knuckles...if they are shot...which is common on these...it will cause the rear wheels to "Drift"...especially when really getting on it. That can cause bad shoulder wear as well as chunking....That said these cars are most def. a 4 wheel alighnment...so anytime you do anything back there youn need to align it anyways

Last edited:
Thanks for the feedback, I have heard up & downs of poly. Would it be a aproblem to put poly in the knuckles or just use factory rubber.

Back