Tranny tail length

phesterzBird

The company that is sending me a remanufactured transmission called this morning and asked what the tail length was on my tranny. Apparently they are either 10.5" or 11.25". Can anyone tell me what the heck this is?:confused: The car is a 1990 SC and the tranny an AOD. Pheonix Remanufactured Transmissions bench builds the unit once purchased. Mine was 550$ plus 75$ core and 130$ for one way shipping. Tail length...never heard the term. Phes

I would have to measure my extra tail housing tomorrow, but all SC AOD's used the same length. Questions like that from a trans builder scare me! I also wouldn't send them my old one for only 75 bucks. Your A overdrive servo is worth almost that much on Ebay, and I bet they dont send you one in your new trans.

tranny tail measurement

Thanks 7birds. Your right about not wanting to hear such a question from a supposedly reputable shop.
I'm definitely keeping the old unit, makes sense.
If you have a chance to measure let me know what the proper length is and thanks again. Phes

Make that 100% certain. Trucks,town cars and crown vics got the longer versions. (there are 3 versions on aods)
Alan

Also the A servo's are now obsolete. Last I heard even greene sales doesn't have them anymore. I'd think twice before letting one go I prefer them over everything else on the market. I use the aftermarket A+ servo's from time to time by force. Avoid the A+++ stuff, the band can't handle it.
Alan

Thank you gentlemen, your insight helps us all to achieve success with these beasts. Have a tremendous day. :D Phes

Back