Important question about wheel bearing.

AngelSCar

Hey guys,
I had my car in to fix a bent tie rod and get an alignment. When they did this, they found that I am in SEVERE need of a front wheel bearing. They said the part is expensive, and it is going to cost like $250 just for the part.

Well I was looking on Ebay, and found this...

http://cgi.ebay.ca/91-97-FORD-Thund...2QQihZ001QQcategoryZ46104QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

It says it is for a 91. Will that work on a 90? What is the difference between a 90 and a 91?

autozone has TIMKEN p/n: 513076 for $185.99 over the internet But I dont know if they ship to canada
It will be the whole hub assembly though

As Dave suggested, take a look at going with the 91 - 97 hubs instead, the FAQ I wrote up several years back has the details. The difference is in the size of the pilot for the hub hole on the rotor. So if you change to 91 - 97 rotors at the same time, it works fine. You can do 2 late hubs and rotors for the price of 1 early hub. Of course, you can change them one side at a time if that's all you need.

cheers
Ed N.

Ok, so if I bought the 91-97 hub that is in that Ebay auction, I would also have to buy a different rotor to go with it? The rotor on my car already wouldn't work with it?

Thanks for the info.

Yep, you'll need new rotors, your old ones will not work if you go with the 91-97 hubs

rotors

Adam
If this is the red car you are talking about, the rotors are not very old, they were new before I sold the car to Walter, so they are worth keeping around or possibly selling to someone.
Pete

Back