Radiator Fan Motor problems

SCNate

The problem is it burnt up... i have had a hell of a time trying to find one because the shaft on mine is 3/8's or there abouts.. and the shaft i have seen on all the ones from ALL the parts stores is about 5/16.. is there anywhere i can get the right one? or should i buy an aftermarket fan in its stead?

Did they look up an SC fan or 3.8 n/a. The SC has a 2 speed IIRC. I bought one at autozone, Seimens brand, for 120 dollars. I f could go back in time I would have bought an after market fan assembly.

Nick

I got one at Auto Zone a few years back and it cost me about $99.95 I had put it in and then it wouldn't turn on so I cut the wiring to it and put it on a switch and powered it with a 30 amp relay. I cut the factory side of the connector so if I have to swap it out I can warranty it and it's not been "modified". I only have low speed fan though I didn't power up the high speed side.

The problem is it burnt up... i have had a hell of a time trying to find one because the shaft on mine is 3/8's or there abouts.. and the shaft i have seen on all the ones from ALL the parts stores is about 5/16.. is there anywhere i can get the right one? or should i buy an aftermarket fan in its stead?

All the major retailers have a seimens replacement. All have the smaller shaft, but should have an adapter in the box to make the shaft larger for our fans.
I have purchased one fan this past summer, but had to go to Napa before the sales person showed me the adapter in the box. Go figure.

i see... the one i got had no adapter in the box... but i will look for that.. thanks, Nate

Back