spinningwheels-sc heads

jackpriceisgod

was browsing their site and saw their ported heads up, stage one and two. no pricing, and i havent called, cuz i wanted to hear from you guys if anyone has used them and how they are?

are they good? pros/cons? does anyone know the price offhand?

also, what about the cams they sell?

Victor is currently working to supply heads that are better than the heads he has been selling. There's nothing wrong with what he had been selling, these newer heads just flow a bit better. The flow numbers for the stage 2are better than Coy Miller stage 2 heads for a fraction of the cost. Final price has not yet been set for the heads, but expect it to be affordable. I am currently running what will be the stage 1 heads on my SC and am very happy with them. I will be upgrading to the stage 2 heads with a cam to see exactly what they are capable of. Right now I've got about 265-270 rwhp with a stock cam and absolutely no Magnum Powers products. The heads perform very well.

The flow numbers for the stage 2are better than Coy Miller stage 2 heads for a fraction of the cost.
The only way you can say that is if both heads are using the same valves, rockers and springs, etc. For instance, is Victor using Crane rebuildable stainless steel rockers?

Don't get me wrong, economically priced heads will be nice, but flow numbers definitely are not the whole story.

No Kurt, those are Comp Cams Hi Tech rockers. There are two different grades of stainless rockers from Comp Cams. Coy uses the expensive ones.
Thanks Dave, you are right. I can never remember the parts that are on my car :rolleyes:

so from what i read, if im a 20 year old on a budget then victor's heads are good? im not looking to set the new hp record or time record, i just want to get some performance more then stock since im rebuilding my engine anyway.

my ultimate goal in this phase is to get the car rebuilt and put out over 300 hp at the wheels. 007_supercoupe says hes making 270 with a stock cam , and minor bolt ons. im lookin to place a s model on mine, a cam, full exhaust, ud pulleys, od the blower a little, full intake, tb, maf, and my engine is already bored .030, so there really is no need for me to drop the over 2 grand in heads alone.

so from what i read, if im a 20 year old on a budget then victor's heads are good? im not looking to set the new hp record or time record, i just want to get some performance more then stock since im rebuilding my engine anyway.

You are the type of person these heads are for. Someone who wants performance on a budget. Not all of what Coy does to his heads are required to make power. A lot of what he does is for all out race engines, which is not what the majority of the community is going to purchase. If you want race heads, go with Coy, if you want good heads at an affordable price, then these heads will be for you.

And Dave, the heads will be priced significantly under $1500.

Certainly they should be priced under that because for $1500 I meant you could put together a head package that competes with Coy's (ie. SS valves, roller rockers, chrome moly pushrods, aftermarket springs, etc.) using less expensive hardware and non-adjustable rockers. That's what I meant. :)

Dave,
Please don't imply that these heads will be short certain "performance" items since you have absolutely no knowledge of what will be included in the price. I understand that you have a business to run, but so does Victor. And for you to imply that the heads he may be selling are in some way inferior is irresponsible. The question was about Victor's heads. I'm trying to answer as I have knowledge of what he is trying to offer to the community. The only reason I mentioned Coy's heads if for flow reference. There are not any other advertised flow numbers that are close to the flow numbers of these stage 2 heads. If I implied that these were to be all out race heads, I apologize, because that is not what they are. They are an affordable performance head that the average Joe can purchase.

The only reason I mentioned Coy's heads if for flow reference.
If that were truely the case, you wouldn't have added "at a fraction of the cost".

I guess I just take these discussions a little personally because I own CMRE Stage II heads. People always use Coy's heads as a litmus test, but rarely ever mention the associated hardware.

It would seem Victor's heads might be a good option for those with lower budgets

Back