shocks (front and back)

puremuir

Hi everyone

I need some help from someone who has more experience than I do. My shocks both front and back need replacement. But I am a student, and I cant afford the 1200 CAD that the local ford dealer wants for just the replacement parts. I have already bought front shocks from Partsource, and was wondering if I can use them, and simply leave the arc disconnected. I need complete assurance that they will work, and if they need modicfication. How about the rears? Anyone know what I could do for them? Again, I'm not looking for premium stuff, just something to get me to graduation next year. Thanks in adavance for your knowledgeable advice.

Colin
1989 SC

The rear shocks would run you about $140 CAD, I think, and you can easily replace those by yourself. Take of the tire, take off the bolt that is attached to the shock.......from the trunk disconnect the ARC, unbolt the shock and that's it. Installation is the reverse. If you go with another shock without the ARC feature it will still work but of course you will not be able to set them on firm or auto.

The fronts are more difficult. The shocks are within the springs so you would have to get a device to compress the springs before you can remove the shocks.

Where in canada do you live?

Colin, not sure where in Canada you're located, but I can sell you front and rear replacement Ford shocks for about $550.00 CAN plus taxes for the set.

The dealership I work at is located in Bolton, just north of Toronto. If you're interested, give me a call or an e-mail next week there, it's 905-857-1252 , or parts@finesford.dealeremail.com

Be sure to stop in at the Ontario chapter of this message board as well !!

cheers
Ed Nicholson
SCCoO

Back