Developed a horrible vibration in the car

dvldoc

When i first got this thing I had some tranny shutter then i added a bottle and a half of lube gaurd and it went completly away. This vibration is totaly different then the mild shutter i was getting.

This vibration starts at about 1700 rpms and gets worse as you accelerate, it shakes the whole car so bad feels like it going to fall apart. All my shocks seem to be nice and tight and even wheel gaps, ARC is also working fine, The motor was replaced about 30,--0 ago and the car only has 123,000 on it. Tranny was replaced 9,--- ago.

Saying that this car is pretty much all original, still has almost every factory part on it. I jacked up the car by the rear axle and tested to see if the vibration could be reproduced and it was. Even with the rear wheels off the ground the vibration is bad enough to shake the whole car violently. I'm thinking either the axles have taken a crap on me because there appears to be a good amount of axle grease coating both sides of the pumpkin.

I'm shipping this sucker to Guam so i need to get it back to normal quick,

Thanks.

When i first got this thing I had some tranny shutter then i added a bottle and a half of lube gaurd and it went completly away. This vibration is totaly different then the mild shutter i was getting.

This vibration starts at about 1700 rpms and gets worse as you accelerate, it shakes the whole car so bad feels like it going to fall apart. All my shocks seem to be nice and tight and even wheel gaps, ARC is also working fine, The motor was replaced about 30,--0 ago and the car only has 123,000 on it. Tranny was replaced 9,--- ago.

Saying that this car is pretty much all original, still has almost every factory part on it. I jacked up the car by the rear axle and tested to see if the vibration could be reproduced and it was. Even with the rear wheels off the ground the vibration is bad enough to shake the whole car violently. I'm thinking either the axles have taken a crap on me because there appears to be a good amount of axle grease coating both sides of the pumpkin.

I'm shipping this sucker to Guam so i need to get it back to normal quick,

Thanks.

Check the harmonic balancer to see if it's still in one piece.

Is it engine speed or vehicle speed related? Where you testing the car in drive with the wheels off the ground? Since the trans was recently replaced I would say check the driveshaft to rear diff flange mount bolts. I've seen them work their way loose on a few different cars.

The car has a aftermarket harmonic balacer and it seems to have no wobbel to it at all, I'll take it by the trany shop to have them take a peak at the rear end.

Figured i post this. The problem was the bolts holding the rear of the axle to the pump had backed out or had not been installed properly when ever the last owner had the tranny replaced, 3 were almost completly out with only one hanging half way in there. Thank god that that last bolt still was in there.

Back